23.

[Two months later.]

Tuesday.

Perrie.

'Good morning sunshine.'

'It is not a good morning Ellie. Can you not shout please?' Perrie was still resting her head on her pillow when Ellie went to sit next to her.

'Oh c'mon you lazy, you've had a twelve hour sleep! Your mum's making breakfast.'

'Don't talk about food please!' Perrie carefully sat up on the bed.

'Are you still not feeling well then?'

'No, not improving at all. I don't know what to do.'

'Maybe you should call the doctor, you've been like this for at least a week.'

'I'm sure it's nothing. It's probably just exhaustion.' Perrie was right, it could have just been tiredness. In the last couple of months, she didn't stop. First there was the move to Manchester and the consequential commute almost every weekend to see her boyfriend. Then there was the endless live performances to promote the new single, plus studio work and rehearsal for a big festival that weekend.

'You've been sick at least three times in the last two days, it can't just be tiredness.'

'I've been exhausted Ellie, of course it can be. Or food poisoning, stress...'

'You could be pregnant.'

'No I don't Ellie.'

Ellie stopped to look at her cousin. 'Are you sure there's no chance?'

Perrie hesitated before answering. 'Of course I'm sure.'

'Look at me in the eyes and tell me you're hundred percent sure there is no way you could be pregnant.' Ellie laughed as she clearly didn't believe her.

'Ellie it's not funny.' Perrie started to become nervous.

'So there is a chance?!'

'Well I can't say I'm hundred percent sure... it's only been a couple of times we've done it with no protection.'

'You are definitely pregnant then. Nausea, tiredness... all symptoms!'

'Please stop!'

'Have you got a pregnancy test?'

'Of course I don't Ellie, what is wrong with you?! I don't keep pregnancy tests in my draws just for fun!'

'God helps us if you're pregnant because you're moody enough already! If I go and get you a test would you do it?'

'No because there's no need for it. I'm not even late on my period.'

'Right but I'm warning you, if you be sick once more you're doing a test! Deal?'

'...deal.' Perrie knew pretending to be alright was the only way to get Ellie off her back. How hard could that be?!

'I can't believe you're making me do this!'

'I told you this morning and you didn't last five minutes without throwing up!'

'It's because I haven't eaten properly in days and that breakfast was a bit much.'

'So you've got nothing to worry about. How long does it take you to pee?! Hurry up!'