💤 ↬ dreams

requested by @Chaengiescloud

IMAGINE you keep waking up in the morning after having dreams of a girl, a very pretty girl. you were 99.9% positive you've never meet nor even seen her in real life before. you'd've remembered someone as beautiful as her. each time you wake up, you go throughout your day waiting to see her. you worked at an antiques shop, so you surely wouldn't meet her there, but you still hoped you would.

her name was joohyun, she had told you after you asked her in a dream. you had asked everybody you knew if they were aware of someone with the same name. unfortunately, you had no such luck. but that wasn't enough to drag your spirits down. you began visiting places you would've never done so in the first place, like the local library for example. you walked around the city, looking out for anybody who looked like joohyun, and also spend hours upon hours on social media sites searching for her, to no avail. it wasn't until you talked to one of your friends, yeri, that you realized that maybe you'll never meet her.

"trust me, i'm all for you and her falling in love at first sight and getting married on the spot," she was saying over lunch one day, "but it's been over a year since you first saw her. don't you think it's time to, i dunno, give up?"

you wanted to say 'no', that joohyun was out there somewhere, and you two would find each other and be together. but then you thought about how crazy the whole thing seemed, you wanting to find a girl you've only seen in your dreams.

"i hope you don't hate me," yeri continued, "but chances are...she's not even real."

and so you stopped. you stopped going to the library. you stopped popping into every store in the city and hovering around until the manager kicks you out. you stopped scouring the internet in hopes that a person with the same name and face as your joohyun would materialize out of thin air. you just spent your days standing behind the dusty counter of that cursed antique store, life gone from your entire body.

you were standing on the ladder, fixing one of the ship-in-a-bottles on the highest shelf. your arm was completely outstretched, yet you could barely reach the neck of the bottle that was sticking out and could fall if you were unable to do anything. it didn't help that you kept sneezing, disorienting you for a couple of seconds and causing the ladder to shake. it was wooden and wobbly and definitely wasn't the safest thing to stand on for long periods of time. yet, you continued with your job.

the bottle was right there. it was so close. you just had to lean forward a bit...

ah-choo!

you sneezed. it was a strong one with enough force to send you jerking back.

crack!

you felt yourself flying backwards and grabbed at absolutely nothing to try and save yourself.

"gay!"

you felt great pain at the back of your head before everything went black.

you're not sure how much time has passed. it's been dark for so long. you couldn't move any of your limbs. until somebody called your name.

"gay..."

the voice was so beautiful, so dreamy, so angelic, so...familiar?

your eyes fluttered open and all you could see was white. but you didn't flinch from the brightness. your gaze landed on the person in front of you...

"joohyun?"

yeehaw, gays!

so👏 it took me over a month to update, which is nothing new if you've read my other fics (please don't), but i'm sorry. i got stuck with the requests i still have, and i wanted to update to let you guys know that 'hey! i haven't abandoned this!' but then i thought that maybe people who requested things thought i was ignoring their requests and i didn't want anybody to hate me :D

i hope the requester liked what i did! i liked the plot twist i had at the end, but if you hate it and thinks it sucked eggs, then tell me and i will cry for being untalented and then i'll redo the request🤠