☕️ ↬ mug

IMAGINE going to the store with yeji after the two of you have moved in together, shopping for kitchenware and other things for the apartment

IMAGINE going to the store with yeji after the two of you have moved in together, shopping for kitchenware and other things for the apartment. yeji was talking away as you two walked down the aisle with cups and mugs, yeji stopping every two seconds to show you a mug she thought was cute. you'd tell her to get it, but she shakes her head and puts it back down, saying it wasn't good enough.

"i need the perfect mug," yeji said, observing a mug in the shape of a cat head.

"and what is 'the perfect mug'?" you asked, just following behind the determined girl while pushing the cart.

"something i'll smile at whenever i drink from it. something cute. something to make my day better before it's even started."

you hummed in thought, but you already had a few ideas of how to solve yeji's predicament.

the two of you left the store with yeji hesitantly getting a mug with hand-painted cats all over it. when asked if that was what she was looking for, yeji shrugged and said it was cute. oh, but you knew yeji better than that. it's okay, because you already knew exactly what yeji wanted.

two weeks later, there was a knock at the door. it was both of your days off, and since you had a feeling it was the mug you ordered, you told yeji to stay seated on the couch and walked to the door. a plain, brown box was waiting for you, and you eagerly brought it inside and placed it on the coffee table in front of yeji.

"what's this?" she asked. "my birthday isn't for another three months."

"just open it!"

yeji narrowed her eyes at you before slowly opening the box. she clearly remembered the last time you pulled a prank on her, and she didn't talk to you for two days straight afterwards. (you realized that was the worst two days of your life and you never wanted that to happen again.)

yeji unwrapped the paper from the mug and took one look at it before she burst into laughter. you merely grinned at her, watching her clutch her present whilst rocking back and forth in a fit of hysterical laughter.

on the mug was a printed picture of you, but the ugliest picture of yourself you could find in your photo album.

"babe!" yeji wheezed, clutching onto your arm.

"do you like it?"

"ahh, i love it!"

that was all you needed to hear as your smile grew so wide it hurt your cheeks, but you couldn't will yourself to stop.

this was lowkey based off a dream i had when itzy first came out sksnsnsn. but only the mug-shopping bit, cause i guess i love me a domestic yeji😍