🎸 ↬ band practice

requested by -chaesthetically

IMAGINE opening the door to an old abandoned warehouse and your ears get lovingly attacked by loud rock music—wait no, punk rock music. can't forget the 'punk' or your girlfriend would kill you—being made by your girlfriend and a group of her closest friends as well as a girl who posed as the lead singer that the group were getting accustomed to. you smiled and watched jinsol play her heart out on the drums, her hair pulled up into a probably-was-neat-before-practice bun, showing the light perspiration on her face from practicing in a stuffy room. you tugged at the collar of your shirt.

their latest song ended and sooyoung, the leader of the band, gave critiques and compliments where they were due. you loved how jinsol was smiling and nodding along happily, even though sooyoung said she needed to work on her tempo still. jinsol genuinely smiling whilst doing something she loved was enough to make you smile subconsciously as well.

"oh, and your girlfriend is here," sooyoung added, pointing to the door and causing the others to turn and look at you.

"babe!" jinsol hopped out of her seat and went over to you, pulling you into a bone-crushing hug. you secretly appreciated the way her toned arms held you, making you feel protected even if you didn't need it. the sensation was twenty times better because she was wearing a muscle t-shirt, so you could feel her arms on you.

"you're sweaty and gross," you whined, pushing at jinsol's chest, but to no avail. as if you even really wanted her to let you go.

but alas, she did with a chuckle, and gave you a smile that lit up her whole face.

"man, i want a cute girlfriend that'll show up to rehearsal!" jungeun, the guitarist stomped and pouted.

"sorry, jung," jinsol threw her arm around your neck, pulling you close and causing your cheek to squish into the side of her boob, "this cutie's mine."

"maybe if you'd actually talk to haseul for once and stop breaking down like the nervous wreck you are, you'd have one by now," sooyoung pointed out.

jiwoo, the newest addition to the band, giggled into her palm.

"that's not how dating as a gay works," jungeun scoffed. "you have to try to telepathically signal your a girl and get her to date you. i'm sure that's what jinsol did, and gay just dated her out of pity."

you laughed into jinsol as she threw a drumstick and narrowly missed jungeun's head. "that's for being rude! and now i'm leaving, so gimme it back!"

jinsol had to pull you out the way to avoid jungeun's terrible aim. she grabbed the drumstick, flipped jungeun off, then walked out the warehouse with her arm still around you.

"so, what now?" jinsol asked. "i'm starving."

"i can order chinese!"

"that sounds perfect," jinsol groaned before kissing your forehead in gratitude.

"you're perfect."

"that's disgusting, stop."

but the grin on jinsol's face said otherwise.

drummer!jinsol >>>>>>>>

anyways, i hope you liked it!!! i knew as soon as i saw your request, i had to write jinsol as a drummer in a band practicing in an old warehouse. like the aesthetic is???? okay yes, um 🤠