🧢 ↬ protection [pt. 2]

requested by @wosanaof

IMAGINE you're sitting in the living room of the girl who just rescued you, wincing as you're being treated for the cuts you've managed to get. sharp hisses left you whenever byulyi applied the alcohol-soaked cotton ball along your injuries, and she would softly apologize each time.

"thank you," you softly said once she was done.

byulyi closed the first-aid kit with a sad smile. "no need to thank me. it's the least i could do."

"you didn't have to," you blurted out. you quickly pressed your lips together in embarrassment.

"those girls also didn't have to beat you up."

you didn't have the heart to tell her that you've been through worse. so you just watched as byulyi put the kit away. it took a moment, so you sat there and simply felt how much your face hurt. it wasn't too bad, fortunately. nothing a little makeup couldn't cover.

"hungry?" byulyi leaned against the doorway of the living room.

you started to shake your head, only for your stomach to betray you as it growled loudly.

she chuckled and nodded towards the room she was just in. "come, i'll make us something to eat."

with some hesitance, you got up and followed her into the kitchen. you waited as she walked around the kitchen, opening cabinets and pulling down stuff. you expected her to actually cook something, and was confused when she dumped a bunch of snacks onto the kitchen table.

"bon apples teet!"

you kinda stared at her for a few seconds, taking in what just happened, before you started to laugh because your sense of humor was very questionable. especially for somebody who had just gotten patched up after being beaten. and for way too long. you had to force yourself to stop laughing so you wouldn't be kicked out for being too weird.

"huh, didn't know i was that funny," byulyi grinned, and no your heart did not just skip a beat.

after that day, the two of you started hanging out more and more. byulyi didn't go to the same school as you, but the girls didn't bother you much anymore. the most they did was send you glares that you got used to after a while. it didn't matter though, as you were able to see byulyi nearly every single day, which was a win all by itself.

"if you're okay with it, why were they ganging up on you that day?" byulyi asked while lazily swinging on a swing at a park after school one day.

you felt comfortable enough around her to be completely open about yourself. "because i'm gay."

it was quiet for a moment and you had to look over to make sure that she wasn't pulling a disgusted face. but she looked at you with a hint of confusion.

"like your name, or...?"

you chuckled and shook your head. "no, like i like girls."

"oh!" byulyi nodded, a grin on her beautiful face. "that's a good thing, because it would be really awkward to ask you out and you be straight."

your heart started to beat fast, because what?

"what?" you questioned out loud.

"you heard me. want to go out?"

ahhhhhhhhh!

"yeah, sure," you said as confidently as you could, which was a struggle.

"cool. then i can finally protect my girlfriend..."

i'm sorry this took so long hNNNNNGGH

all the other requests are being completed, don't worry😩
i had a pretty hectic week and was so tired and uninspired

so, uh, yeah🤠