🗒 ↬ fired

requested by @rhyllesmh

IMAGINE you're digging your heels into the ground as joohyun pulls you into the building of your former internship's building. no matter how much you try to resist, your girlfriend's strength was no match for yours, which was surprising considering how small she was and how weak she looked.

"baby, it's okay," you tried to tell her as you feebly tugged at her arm. "let's just go home!"

even if joohyun didn't have your hand in a near death grip, there was no way to convince her to leave the building and not make a ruckus. because joohyun was past mad; she was heated. you had gotten fired yesterday from your non-paying job as an intern, which you needed in order to have something akin to experience under your belt for when you left college and applied to a, hopefully, better job. ever since you've started, you've been treated like dirt by not only your boss, but by your so-called 'coworkers'. they looked down at you, whispered not-so discreetly about you behind their hands, and made you do unnecessary things that wasn't in the job description but you couldn't say anything because your boss puts you underneath them.

you never spoke to joohyun about the mistreatment until you were let go in favor of someone your boss thought 'suited the position better'. but when you took a glance at the new intern in your old boss' office, it was obvious what the actual reason was for your release.

when you told joohyun everything, she was seething. you could feel the heat radiate off of her in waves because she knew how much the position meant to you. it could make or break your hiring ability in the future.

"no, joohyun, please..."

joohyun let go of your hand to climb onto the receptionist's desk of the noisy area, those nearby staring up at her as you shrunk under the attention.

"HEY!"

it fell silent. all eyes turned to joohyun, some glancing at you in curiosity.

"where's your scumbag of a boss?" joohyun asked.

a sea of hands pointed at the elevator, murmurs of 'top floor, door at the very end' from those brave enough to speak. she could've easily asked you, but she knew you wouldn't have told her.

"thank you," she politely replied before hopping off the desk and continuing to pull you to your boss' office. as the elevator doors closed, the employees started talking to each other, looking after you two.

"joohyun, you really don't have to—"

"shhhh." joohyun patted the back of your hand soothingly. that was all she said before the doors opened at the top floor and you were yanked out of the elevator.

joohyun banged her fist on the door and let go of your hand. a maximum of three seconds passed before she simply opened the door, told you to wait there, and closed it behind her.

you couldn't make out the words, but you could hear joohyun angrily fussing out your old boss behind the door. his desk was far from the door, but it was like joohyun was standing right on the other side of it. you couldn't help but smile a little bit as his assistant went to open the door, only to retract her hand and slowly walk away once she heard joohyun's voice. you'd never admit it, but it was hot hearing joohyun yell at other people.

maybe five minutes passed before the door opened again. your boss stood in front of you, red-faced and looking frightened and traumatized, and you rose your eyebrows.

"m-miss ismyname, i'm sorry," he apologized with a shaky voice.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" joohyun yelled from inside the office.

"I'M SORRY!" and then he burst into sobs and covered his face in embarrassment.

"now that wasn't so hard." joohyun reappeared from inside the office. "now i expect you to not give her a hard time, or else you will see me again. you are to give her the internship back, since there was no reason to let her go in the first place. got it?"

"y-yes—"

"I SAID 'GOT IT?'"

"YES, MA'AM."

she took your hand lovingly before the two of you walked down the hall, you sparing one last look at your broken-down boss and beginning to smirk.

yes, your full name is 'gay ismyname'🤠

i got carried away writing this, i'm sorry sksndjdj. but i hope you liked it nevertheless! i loved writing this, as you can probably tell from it being a bit longer than my other ones😭

also, if you've already requested before, don't be afraid to request again!

(unless you dislike what i wrote you, then i'm so sorry😔)