🐶 ↬ pupper

IMAGINE jerking awake to the sound of a puppy's soft yips

IMAGINE jerking awake to the sound of a puppy's soft yips. you lie in bed, a bit disoriented, waiting for the noise to come again. when nothing happened, you closed your eyes, snuggling into the warmth of hyunjin beside you.

not very long passed when you heard the soft sound again. your eyes flew open and you sat up in confusion. the yipping sounded so close, yet so far. you definitely don't remember getting a puppy recently, so one of the neighbors must've gotten one. but that couldn't be right; the lease said strictly no pets. so where could the sound be coming from?

you slinked out of bed to see if one of you left the tv on by chance. nope, the screen was dark. you drowsily stared at the black screen, as if daring it to turn on and start barking at you.

wow, you're really sleep deprived, aren't you?

yip-yip!

your eyes grew wider as you confirmed that the noises wasn't in your head nor from the tv. you stilled, waiting for the sound to come again.

yip! yip—grrr...

oof, someone was not a happy camper. you chuckled before heading back to bed, thinking about how maybe the owner would wake up soon and take the little pupper out—

yip yip!

you froze as you got back into bed. hyunjin was still asleep, but you swore you saw her head move in an odd, jerky way when you heard the barking.

yip!

oh no. it was hyunjin the entire time. you pinched the bridge of your nose, wondering how the heck you got into this mess...

and then the next morning, you tell hyunjin about last night and she laughs and gets a little blushy before telling about her dream of being a dog and chasing cats. and when you both leave for work/school, one of your neighbors is there to tell you two to keep your "dog" quiet at night or else they'll tell the landlord. and then you and hyunjin look at each other before laughing

hm. must've been yeehaw high when i wrote this🤡