💧 ↬ eyes

requested by furryuna

IMAGINE you're just sitting at home, minding your business while watching tv, when you heard a knock at your door. it was eleven at night and you weren't expecting anybody else because the pizza guy came two hours prior. you paused your tv and went over to the door. looking through the peephole, you saw your close friend (and longtime crush) hyewon rubbing at her eyes.

you opened the door, about to greet her with a smile and joke about how she was some serial killer coming to murder her, when you took in her state.

her eyes, her big, wide eyes which you love so much, were red and tearful. when she locked gazes with you, she rushed forward and practically fell in your arms, crying into the nape of your neck.

your arms automatically went around her, rubbing her back soothingly, trying to get her to calm down. you walked backwards into your apartment and closed the door with your foot, before heading over to the couch and sitting down.

hyewon was practically in your lap, sobbing. it broke your heart to see her in such a state that you vowed to murder whoever dared to hurt someone as amazing as her.

it took a while before her sobbing turned into mere sniffles, and even then you waited until she was hardly making noises to ask what had happened.

"what's wrong, wonnie?" you asked, rubbing her shoulder.

hyewon was blankly staring into nothingness when you looked down at her. the sadness quickly turned into rage when she responded with a whisper of her boyfriend's name.

ew. men.

of course it was him. you always had a weird feeling when around him, but didn't say anything because you didn't know how to break it to hyewon. she really liked him and wanted to be with him for a long time. he seemed to have ticked off all the boxes of her ideal type.

and then this happens.

you get up, ready to purchase a crowbar online so you could bash his head in for hurting hyewon of all people. but she pulled you back down into the couch and snuggled back into you.

"it'll only take a sec—"

"no. stay," was all she said.

and who were you to deny hyewon?

so you stayed. and you looked down every so often from the drama you were no longer paying attention to. later on, you made her help you finish off the rest of the pizza in the fridge. your heart skipped a beat when she laughed at you trying to feed her a slice, and you mentally told it to shut up because hyewon is hurting and it shouldn't be reminding you of your (badly) repressed feelings.

when you two cuddled back up on the couch, you were happy to see her eyes, although still sad, no longer red.

i know nothing of hyewon, and it wasn't until i found her gif that i wrote this oneshot lmao
her eyes are like pretty big to me in other gifs i've seen
so, yeah🤠

i hope you liked it!! i feel like whenever you request, i go completely left field with it💀

the fog has temporarily lifted, so i shall finish the other two(?) requests i have👌