Chapter Ten

"Do you know who the chief invite is?" Jangmi tilted closer to Chaewon, her curiosity devouring the best of her. Her usual nervous head was straddling back in and she couldn't not keep it to herself after awaiting the unknown for what had seemed like forever. The excitement was torture.

"Search me." Chaewon exhaled sharply and bit her lip, folding her arms at her chest. "This university has been disappointing me ever since I set my foot in. I don't know how deep I'm going to fall in this."

The fragrance of Chaewon's fruity shampoo whiffed towards Jangmi when she flipped her hair, clearly displeased with everything. Jangmi's head bobbed and retracted herself back looking around for any sign of Yujin or Kobin. They had promised they'd be there when the chief guest arrived just to cheer Chaewon and Jangmi. They had clearly forgotten about it. And honestly, no was to be blamed for that. Everyone was having such a good time back at the hall, partying, dancing and singing that someone who remembered another errand in all of that had to be clearly autistic.

The Guest Committee had stripped Jangmi and her group off their time to enjoy the party just because indiscipline and tardiness annoyed the chief invite and no risks were being taken. That was just injustice to them who were standing there waiting for the man who was taking his own sweet time to show up. And Chaewon was clearly pissed off by that.

"I'm sure this so called guest is still in his bed, scratching his sweaty head while we stand in the sun like potted plants." Chaewon grumbled. Tightness appeared on her jaws and she stamped her foot on the ground frustratedly.

"Let's hope he's hot." Jangmi attempted to cheer her but stopped smiling when she noticed the exhaustion on Chaewon's face. Most of the people around had skipped their meals to be here, which included Jangmi, Chaewon and two guys who were least interested. They were busy in PESS right behind Chaewon and it didn't seem safe owing to how fragile she seemed, like a bomb waiting to be teased.

The never-ending wait was brought to a halt when excited whispering wielded around and Mr. Eduardo appeared along with the college deans in sleek black suits. Mr. Eduardo was a middle aged man with a fresh clump of matte black hair, a mysterious smile and smooth skin. Even though the entire university belonged to him, he rarely showcased his presence to the public, important events being an exception. More than half of the students at Sulin barely knew his name. Everyone was probably recognizing him for the pictures that hang on the 'wall of fame.'

"How wonderful to dress up." Chaewon grunted snarkly. Jangmi caught her lip between her teeth and frowned at their attire. While everyone enjoying the party inside were red-carpet-appealing, their committee stood in jeans and a black t-shirt with Sulin's logo on the chest. The superiors had warned them to be as casual as possible, keeping their hair and footwear simple because their job required running errands. The whole strategy of this hospitality that they pushed into was finally coming into light. Nothing was good about being closer to the chief guests.

"Can you both stop chatting?" A tight voice shot from the right, making Jangmi and Chaewon turn to a girl dressed in a smashing blazer and trousers. "The college principal is here, if you don't know."

She had wide brown eyes and a cute face completely opposed to her demeanour.

"Oh we fucking know that better than anyone." Chaewon snapped.

The girl's eyes widened. "You.." She tried to turn around with her fists balled. "Do you know who you're talking to? I'm the college representative!"

College representative? Jangmi gasped and tugged at Chaewon's arm immediately to warn her.

"I'm sorry, its just the sun that's getting to her." Jangmi interfered spontaneously. The girl eyed Jangmi and popped an eyebrow.

"Are we fucking here then? Everyone's going crazy. Can you not be childish?" Her lip twitched in what seemed like disgust. Chaewon in turn was about to throw a tantrum but stopped when Mr. Eduardo took a sharp turn towards them. His eyes spanned all the students and like magic everyone smiled brightly. The moment seemed so fake that Jangmi's face fell instantly when he glanced at the college representative for a second. Her spirits sparked when she recalled what the guys behind Chaewon were doing but when she flipped her head around, they had surrendered their phones and were looking straight ahead.