Chapter Twenty-Nine

Even though bright and yawning outside, the darkness inside the room could easily be mistaken for Cinderella's time to leave. Perched beside the bedside in the cold shivers of a morning they didn't know they'd want, on folded laps, was the tip of unusual.

The smell of alcohol loomed everywhere as another round of gurgling water caught her ear. Jangmi looked down at the thick glass of whisky on the floor that was yet to be handled by Seokjin. She looked up at his state and frowned. He was pretty sober-looking for someone who was drinking as though there lay a reservoir inside his stomach.

"If she doesn't mean so much to him, why does everything always come down to her? Who was she exactly?"

Through the thin line of gap between the closed curtains, light was slipping inside, it's tail ending a few feet further from Jangmi's feet.

Seokjin lifted the glass, putting it to his lips as he fidgeted with the pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Her conscience wanted to ask him if something was wrong. His demeanour seemed pretty uncontrolled today. But the question would be stupid after watching sipper away those glasses.

"Not that anyone of us care about it, she is a college affair." He dismissed.

That hurt. Even though everything about it screamed safety, Jangmi was hardly convinced about anything anymore.

"So?" She lifted her eyebrows, trying to sound casual about it and miserably failing at it.

Seokjin's flame torch clicked with an alarm when it lit the end of his cigarette. Jangmi awkwardly waited for an answer as he stared at the burning light chasing the dark through the curtain gap.

"You know exactly what a college love affair is like to guys like us."

"A pastime?" She guessed.

Seokjin chuckled, breathing smoke out reminding Jangmi of a dragon, "Pastime."

"Why do you keep comparing me to her then? There must be a reason."

"Your features." He iterated. "You resemble her a lot."

Jangmi nodded slowly. That was understandable. Someone's resemblance could haunt us without knowing of it. And with the way Taehyung had reacted to her that night, the resemblances seemed too close.

"So, what happened of her?"

"She died."

Those words were enough to rip Jangmi's conscience apart. Her eyes widened, chills spreading over her body like a wildfire.

"Are you kidding?" Jangmi chuckled nervously.

Seokjin's gaze shifted to her as though she had said the wrong thing, "Do I look like I am in a jesting mood?"

Jangmi swallowed uneasily and tied her fingers into a knot on her lap, trying to separate the facts in her head clearly.

"How?"

"The details are not important. She was just like you. And you know, you only realise what you had once it's gone." His voice was laced with such melodramatic tone that it almost looked like a lie. "Don's case was just the same."

So he repented?

"That's bad."

"You're not even in the details yet." He smirked.

Jangmi stretched her feet, trying to relax from the tension the conversation had dipped them in. She hadn't expected things to go this way when she had allowed Seokjin inside the room.

"And you're suddenly telling me all this? Is there a reason to that?"

His eyes blazed through the dim light as he looked at her, drink in hand and eyes wide with surprise.