Chapter Forty-Five

She was all the colors of fear as her icy fingers tapped on the wooden door. Regretting this was flying through the free fall and wanting to go back. Second thoughts were no more an option, but no matter how much she re-evaluated her choice, her retrospective didn't budge an inch. She was still in the freezing cold, in her cobalt dress, staring at the one eyed wooden plank, staring her down making it seem like it would never open.

Half a minute passed without focus, fidgeting with her hair, sneaking glances around at the quiet corridors of the building. The sound of silence was starting to tingle at her nerves now. Unnaturally so, not many souls lingered around the corridor even though there seemed enough apartments around the corner. Maybe because it was an odd time to be.

Her mind consciously knocked at intervals making her wonder if she was tumbling down the right slope. Because unlike the flashes of her memory, there were pots of ficus standing at the entrance. She hadn't known this man to own greenery yet and that bombarded her confidence of knowing where he stayed.

The string of her reveries burst like a bubble with the clicking sound of the door. Before Jangmi could collect her words into a bouquet, she heard Yujin's yelp and the door swung open.

Was he expecting her?

"Hey! You here? Something up?" His mountain hued eyes flew wide as he threw his share of welcome at her for her catch it but she never did.

Jangmi could feel her soul slipping through her body, falling out of words to explain what this was all about.

Of course it would muddle him to find her at the door at this time of the night. It was going to be morning soon. Of course hiw eyes would furrow and his back would crouch. There were no excuses to them.

"Yeah.." Jangmi sighed, peering down at the khaki night pants he wore. A fading grey t-shirt was swaddled around him. "I just had a bit of a-a, an issue."

His fingers ran through his hair, failing to dishevel them.

"Oh. Do you want to come inside? It's cold outside and you're poorly covered." He offered, pitifully glancing down at her dress.

It wasn't supposed to be a surprise knowing the kind of person Yujin was and yet it was surprising to hear him say that. Jangmi clenched her purse as she nodded and started in, letting him follow, falling prey to the smell of something pizza-ish.

90 percent chances he had pizza for dinner.

It made her stomach gurgle for food too.

She had had her share of thoughts about changing into something else before arriving here and she would have, only if she hadn't panicked like a rooster being dipped in boiling water back at home.

There were Christmas lights entangled around a wall painting, shining brightly in multiple colors in the living room. It was too soon for Christmas. What was this man even thinking.

From the things she knew about him through Chaewon, he was a superiorly clean persona. For a guy, his interior management was really pretty. She knew that subjecting all guys to that idea was a bit too much, but this was highly believed notion that guys were usually horrible at cleaning a house.

The dark flew out as he flicked the lights on.

"You have a TV now? That's cool." Jangmi said staring at the black object hanging on the front wall.

Yujin's chuckle didn't go unnoticed, "Yeah. Got it a few days ago. Chaewon said it looked too dull without a TV here."

Jangmi nodded as her eyes located the video doorbell on the nearest wall beside the china vase in a corner. That explained why he was prepared for her at the door. A smile snuck in.