Forty-Six

I'm in an updating mood, so enjoy update number 2 today. Make sure you don't skip Chapter 45.

Theo and Lucas made it to the house in just under two hours. Lucas burst through the front door of the house. Multiple people from the community discussing the plan to rescue Melissa in the living room looked up and watched Lucas stomp up to Ryan. "What the hell happened her?"

"She went back to her trailer, I went to go get her, but she was kidnapped before I could make it," Ryan explained.

"That's it? That's all that happened?"

"That's all that needs to be said for right now. Melissa is in the hunters' care right now. They're going to kill her if we don't get there soon."

"Then what are we going to do?"

"Oh, no," Theo said as he grabbed Lucas by the shoulder and pushed him towards the stairs. "You are going to stay here and do nothing. He called us for me."

"Melissa means the world to me. Why the fuck would I just sit around here and wait?"

"Because you're not a werewolf," Theo stated. "If they see you, they will kill you. I am not letting you die, too."

"Theo," Ryan exclaimed.

"What? Just because you might lose your mate, that doesn't mean I'm going to lose mine, too."

Lucas gasped. "Your what?"

"That's not important right now!" Ryan snapped. "Melissa has been kidnapped. You two can argue later. I need all the wolves I can for this raid. We are going onto hunter territory, and we are going to invade their base. Theo, you're up front with me, Mark, Francine, Adam, and Libby."

"Yes, Alpha."

"If you think I'm-"

The doorbell rang, and Lucas groaned as he stomped over. When he spotted his brother on the front steps, he was taken aback as he moved to the side to let him in. "Hey, is Melissa ready?" He looked into the living room and let out a low whistle. "Wow, she must be really depressed if she's wanting to leave a party."

"Melissa was kidnapped. They're figuring out a game plan."

"They? Aren't you going?"

"Oh, I'm going," he stated, glaring at Theo who glared right back. "I can be useful." He released his wings, and everyone who hadn't seen them yet gasped and stared at him with intrigue. "I can fly overhead and scope the base before we invade. I can swoop in and drop hunters. My wings heal incredibly fast, faster than anyone else in my family."

"It's true," Mike stated. "It's a gift. And if you need fire," he said as he ignited his fingers, "I can set anything on fire and control it so it won't get out of hand. They took my cousin. I'm going for her, too."

Ryan stared at the two, impressed, and nodded. "Lucas, I need you to go out now and fly overhead to look for their base. It's somewhere up north near the Hillcrest."

Without wasting another second, Lucas dashed out of the house and shot straight in the air as he searched for Melissa.

Theo slapped Ryan in the arm, screaming, "Why would you send him out like that? What if they see him and shoot him?"

"You're forgetting that he's a mythical. And if what he said about his wings is true, he can heal and come back quickly."

Theo crossed his arms and turned away from him.

"I know you're worried about him, but he cares about Melissa as well. You weren't going to be able to stop him from coming along, and you know it. We might as well put him to good use if he can find her quickly."