Forty-Five

WARNING: This chapter is very graphic. Proceed with caution.

Ryan wasn't sure how many speeding laws he was breaking as he zoomed down the road leading to Melissa's trailer. He didn't give a damn, only thinking about how he was going to make it up to her. He lied, and he knew that was not the right way to start their relationship. He knew he was going to need to figure out how to make it up to her, but he had no doubt in his mind that he was going to prove to her how much he loved her. She was his soulmate; he would do anything for her.

Braking as he drove down the hill to her trailer, he opened his car door, only to shut it again when he heard a gun shoot at him. He ducked below the windows, shielding his head as the glass broke, spilling into the car and all over him. The only thing on his mind was Melissa, hoping and praying that she was safe.

Unsure of the answer, Ryan shifted as he opened the car door and jumped onto the hunters' car. The hunter continued to shoot at him, but he ignored the bullet that grazed his fur and chomped on his hand, prompting the hunter to drop his gun. Ryan threw him off the car and shifted, punching in through the pickup trucks back window and pulling another hunter out by the neck.

The hunter on the ground picked up his gun and aimed for Ryan's head, but he held up the second hunter as a shield and growled, "Shoot at me, you shoot him." The hunter lowered his gun. Ryan seethed. "Where is my mate?"

"She was your mate?" the hunter Ryan held onto questioned.

He knew they didn't know, but with that information getting back to the hunters who had her, he knew she was going to be good as dead. He snapped the neck on the hunter in his grip, throwing his limp body onto the other before shifting and attacking him. When he was dead, Ryan shifted back and stomped over to his car, pulled out his phone, and sent out an alert to the community before calling Theo. "You need to leave right now. They have Melissa."

^^^

After being thrown into the trunk of the car, Melissa hit her head on something sharp, knocking her out. As she lolled her head side to side as she came back to consciousness, she glanced around her dark surroundings. The cinder walls, the cart of sharp knives, and the smell of mildew were all prominent. There was a stairwell behind her, one she could see in the reflection of the cart.

She moved her hand, feeling them tied to the chair with rope. Her legs were tied as well, though the chair she was bound to was more comfortable than a chair one would find in a thriller. She wanted to call out for help, but with her being underground, she knew she was in enemy territory. If she were to call out, it would speed along her impending doom.

There had to be a way out. She wouldn't be able to sneak off the land, but provided she could at least get out of the chair and to the knives on the cart, she would have a way to defend herself. Ryan was on his way to the trailer. He would find out she was gone, and he would realize it was from the hunters and find a way to save her. She just needed to buy time, and it would start with getting her hands on a knife.

Looking down at her hands, Melissa tried to twist the rope so she could hold onto it and begin picking at it. Her fingers could only graze at the knot, disallowing her from untying. And with the circulation in her feet seeming to cut out from how tight the knot was on her feet, she doubted she would be able to release herself, but she continued to struggle anyway.

What seemed like hours later, a hunter walked down the stairs. He wore only a pair of jeans, no shirt, and he smiled as he faced Melissa. "Ah, good to see you're up. Hope you weren't waiting too long." He touched the bump on her head and hissed. "That doesn't look too good. No wonder you were out for so long."

Melissa didn't say anything, refusing make eye contact with the man. He snarled as he gripped her chin and forced her to look at him. "Don't you know it's rude to not look at someone when they're talking to you."

She snickered. "Says the man who has me tied up in his basement."

"Don't worry, darling, this won't take long." He turned his back to her as he wheeled the cart over to her chair. He pulled up a stool and sat down as he grabbed hold of her chin again. "We'd been keeping an eye on you for a while. After your little stunt with your fiancé a few months ago, we knew something was off about you as well. But once you robbed my son out of his money with your little dart throwing game, it became quite obvious that you were a mythical just like everyone else you surround yourself with."

"So?" she smirked. Her hand was close to the cart. If he would lean over with one in his hand, she might have a better shot at causing him to drop it and then catch it. She could cut herself out and grab the rest of the knives, injuring him but not killing him. She'd want him to suffer for what he did, but she would not kill him. Death was not the answer.

He leaned over her, using special pliers to hold her eyes open. "Well," he mocked as he turned back to grab a knife, "if you never miss, we might as well take away your aim."

"What are you going to do? Cut off my hands?"

"I would, but that takes too long."

Melissa's smirk fell, and she screamed as the hunter took special pliers to her eyes and pulled them out of its sockets. She could see her eye, attached to its veins through the eye still in her head. He grabbed his scissors and cut it out. She screamed again, unable to cry from the pain. The hunter whistled as he rolled to the other side, plucking out her other eye and snipping it away. He threw them on the cart and hummed. "That was fun."

Melissa whimpered as she lolled her head softly, feeling the blood from her head pour out of her eyes. She could feel herself going under. But as she heard him shift and felt his presence lean over her, she reached for what she could feel. He screamed out, her grasping his penis through his jeans. The object in his hand slipped through his hands and landed in the crevices between her fingers. Letting go of him, she spun the pliers in her hand and cut herself free. She swung out at him, and he yelped in pain.

Cutting her other hand free, she reached over to the cart and grabbed the scissors. She heard him stand up, and feeling the air slip through her fingers, she aimed straight for his own eye and threw the scissors. He screamed as the tip gouged his eye. She bent down and cut her feet free. With a last burst of adrenaline pumping through her bleeding veins, she grabbed everything off the cart and threw one more plier at the hunter before running for the stairs. She could hear commotion upstairs, but the only thing on her mind was death.

Fuck suffering. She was going to kill.

Vote, comment, and share!