Eleven

"You almost kissed her?" Theo gasped as he washed the vegetables in the sink. "Why didn't you? Did she pull away?"

"Yeah. She pulled away from the hug, so I couldn't pull her back just so I could kiss the top of her head. That would creep her out."

"And we wouldn't want that," Theo quipped.

"No, we do not- No, I do not. Stop making this about us."

"In order to get close to her, you're going to need my help. She's already feeling apprehensive about wanting to be with you, and it's all because we're related. If it weren't for that, she wouldn't give a shit and be all over you. Since she values our friendship, I need to hype you up and let her know that if you two want to date, I have no problems with it, and then you'll do the rest."

"You do realize it's because she doesn't want all three of our relationships with one another fall apart just because she had a crush on me, right?"

"Exactly why you need to swoop in. I'll convince her to go on a date with you, you'll kiss her, and then she'll want to be with you forever because you two are made for one another. It'll all be perfect. We just need to make sure she sees why it's perfect for you two to be together. She has to see it. She has to."

"You seem more worked up over this than I do," Ryan chuckled.

"Yeah, because if this doesn't work out for you, what will happen if my mate is human and can't feel the mate bond either? I don't want to think about that, so if I help you, then that means I can help myself when I finally meet him."

Placing his hands on his brother's shoulders, Ryan turned him around to face him and hugged him. "When you do meet your mate, he is going to want to be with you, because he loves you. I'm not worried about what's going to happen between Melissa and I, because we are made for one another. I just know that if I can start forever today, then I will. My only concern is about when forever will begin."

"Hopefully after tonight, it will not be that long of a wait at all."

The doorbell rang, and Ryan tensed. Theo chuckled. "Look at that. You are nervous, after all."

"I'm more flustered, because I want to make a good impression on her. Do I look okay?" A plain white t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and a light pink jean jacket paired up nicely. His black hair fell in his face without blocking his sight, and diamond studs pierced his ears.

"Handsome as fuck," Theo stated as he turned back to the sink.

Ryan exhaled deeply before walking to the front door and opening it to find his parents at the front door instead of Melissa. "We lost our key," Louise stated as she walked into the house and gave her son a big hug. "Oh, how are you, baby?"

"I'm good," he chuckled, hugging her back properly.

Tanner lugged his suitcase in behind him. While Ryan felt the urge to help him out, he knew his father wouldn't appreciate it. He did pull luggage and band equipment around for a living, and if someone helped him with a measly suitcase, he would deem it an insult.

Louise was young, in her mid-forties with black hair that curled down to her elbows. Her eyes were soft with smile lines apparent. She was short and fat with a contagious smile. And the moment she sang, no one could look away. A powerful voice that could glide through the air, reaching the back of the largest theatre without needing a microphone. Using one would be an insult to her talents.

Tanner was older, almost sixty. He was tall with bulging muscles, his hair white with smile lines and crow's feet, and blue eyes holding a hard gaze that softened when the right person looked his way. Tattoos scattered along his body, and a pair of glasses hung on his pointed nose.