Five

I updated Chapter Four before this one, so be sure to read that one first!

"This is the one nice thing about having a Sunday off for once," Theo stated as he and Ryan walked through the mall together. "We never get to spend time together. We can finally catch up on everything going on in each other's lives."

Ryan chuckled. "How's everything at Riverview?"

Theo groaned. "We have a new anti-bullying policy. It's called 'Don't Bully Other People Or Else Knife Girl Will Stab You.' I swear, ever since she came to school, bullying has gone down immensely. No one dares mess with her, and if anyone gets caught messing with someone else by her, they run away in fear."

"I'm sorry. There's a knife girl at your school?"

"Yes, and she's a sweetheart and angel and my best friend."

"Don't tell me you're getting bullied," Ryan gasped.

"Eh, I was for the first few months freshman year. I didn't have my big brother to protect me since he graduated the year before," he said as he teasingly nudged Ryan's side. "But as this dick pushed me into the lockers, she pulled out a pen and it stabbed his hand. The news spread like wildfire. Everyone has been afraid of her since, but everyone who's ever been bullied befriended her, and now she's like one of our school's guardians. I feel like you two would get along great."

"It'll be a shame for all the other students once she does graduate. Who will protect them then?"

"No, a lot of juniors look up to her and are implementing their own anti-bullying tactics, so I'm pretty sure she just started a movement of people who will become the schools' guardians or some shit for years to come."

"And this all came from a crazy knife girl."

"I never said she was crazy. Only her aim is. She's never misses when she has a target. She doesn't even have to be thinking about it. She just makes it."

"She must be excellent at sports."

"Nope. Hates them. She throws pens, pencils, scissors, anything. But she has special, beloved knives. She's the only student in school who's allowed to have a knife on campus out of the sheer fear that if someone or something comes into the school that could harm everyone, she could run out and chase them and stab them without missing. It adds an extra layer of fear to the bullies that she's going to stab them, but she hates harming people unless there's a reason to. She's incredibly non-violent. It's just the fact that she has skills that makes people fear her. And since that works, she goes along with it."

"I guess being her friend makes your high school life easier now, huh? No bullies for either of you."

"No, we have one. Sabrina. She's just a bitch who has an attitude and says shit behind people's backs. She doesn't have it in her to actually do anything to people, but she gets in trouble all the time by acting out in class. She did once bully a girl in the bathroom, and once Melissa found out, she just stood by the girl's side and stared at Sabrina all day. She was so scared she went home early."

The moment he heard the name Melissa, Ryan zoned out. His mate. Where was she now? What was she doing? There was so many things he wanted to learn about his mate, but the biggest concern was about when he would be able to spend time with her. So long as Alexa was working, he would not be able to talk to her in a very conversational way. While her concerns were justified, it was different because she was his mate. In the end, he knew they would be together forever. He just needed to prove to her why she should give him a chance.

As a human, she had the ability to say yes or no to him. She could go out and find someone new to love, but he would never be able to love another. And having wanted nothing more than to be loved by someone he could love back since he first learned of mates, he wanted to do whatever he could to prove to her why he would never stop loving her.