Three

"You returned 'The Littlest Prince' late, so I cannot let you check out any other books until you pay the late fee," Ryan stated. His fingers tapped along the countertop as he stared at the seething man in front of him. He'd dealt with this man before. He always tried to get out of paying the late fees by dropping the books into the wrong return bin so it would take longer to find the books, thus allowing him to get mad at the library for losing the books and demanding his fee be wavered.

"I returned it last week. Check your security cameras," he demanded.

"That still would have been over a week late." Ryan sighed. "Sir, you know if you don't want to pay the late fees, just return the books on time or come in to renew them. You can check out up to ten books at a time."

"That's hardly enough books to sustain me for the month."

"Then why are you late if you read more than that a month?"

"Because I take my time reading them. I want to enjoy them. Where's the harm in that?"

"There is no harm in enjoying a good book, sir, but you have to oblige by the rules. Otherwise you cannot check out any more books," he stated as he slid the books away from the man and behind the counter. "You don't have to pay the fee if you never come back again."

"I might as well if you're going to keep charging unreasonable prices for me to read."

"It's three dollars for being late by three days," he deadpanned.

"But I come to a library to read for free."

"Then pay the three dollars and turn in your books on time, then you will be paying for free."

"But it should be free!"

"Nothing comes free," he smirked. "Especially if you don't follow the rules. Now pay three dollars, or never come back."

"I'll be calling your supervisor."

"And she'll tell you the same thing," he called out after the man as he stormed away.

"Ryan, don't do that again," one of his supervisors, Frank, said with disinterest as he walked past him. "The customer is always..."

"Whatever you say, boss," he smirked as he placed the books on a cart behind him. He pushed the cart out into the main floor and walked down the fiction aisles.

Tables were set up in the middle, along with couches against the back walls. Laying on one of the couches was a beautiful woman with short blue hair. Her white blouse was slightly ruffled from her position, and her legs crossed at the heels. Her boots hung over the edge of the couch, and the book 'Pride & Prejudice' covered her face. He hated it whenever teens laid over the couches, because the dirt from their shoes would always get on the couches, and it was his job to vacuum the couches at the end of the night. Despite the fact her feet weren't touching the couch, he didn't want her setting any bad examples for other people who would walk past.

He towered over her, casting a slight shadow over the top of the book. She lowered the book from her face and stared up at the man. His black hair was long, gelled to fall over his right cheek to his chin, with an undercut. His eyes dark brown, almost black. He had dimples, though his right was slightly bigger. He was tall and thin. He had muscles, but they weren't very noticeable under his blue patterned shirt under a dark violet sweater with blue jeans and brown loafers.

Ryan was unable to speak. The moment her wooden brown eyes locked on his, he heard his wolf in the back of his mind state Mate. His mouth gaped softly, unable to find the right first words to say to her.

"Does my beauty enchant you?" she spoke in a deep, sultry voice before she broke out into laughter. "Just get to know me first. Either you'll be mesmerized or scared for your life."