Surging Waters

Finally it is Christmas break! We are off for two whole weeks, full of cheery music and joy! I just wish it would snow! No matter where you live I wish you all have a white Christmas! Also listen to the song above while you read!

I dedicate this chapter to sakurablossom98!

Merry Christmas!!

*********************************

Lucy's POV

The water had risen now, her legs were completely covered in water. She shivered as it connected with her wounds, the liquid was cold as it slowly rose. Soon it would be over her head and she would cease to exist. She knew what was coming, why try and stop the inevitable? She was going to die anyway, why not today, why not now? No one was coming to save her, so why the long drawn out death? Probably so he could see her suffer.

So badly had Lucy wanted to cry and yell, but she had run out of tears a long time ago. Her mind numb of the harsh news she had received only a few hours ago. So there she sat, chained helplessly to the wall, staring blankly into the ground. She had no thoughts, no will, no power. She only waited, waited for death.

No! She was still alive, at least for now. She was still a member of Fairy Tail and she wouldn't let herself wallow away in self-pity in her last moments. Lucy, thought of anything to bring her joy, any thing! Only one thing came to mind.

Her lips quivered, as her voice was sore and filled with sorrow.

"Im so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave I wish you would just leave

'Cause you presence still lingers here

And it wont leave me alone"

Lucy sung the lyrics to a song she knew the words to, in fact it fit her situation perfectly. But instead of cheering her up, this simple song seemed to prepress her even further.

"These wounds wont seem to heal

This pain is just too real

Theres just too much that time cannot erase."

Lucy's voice was cold, dry and shook from lack of use. But she continued, determined for no reason. This song was the only thing she had at the moment, the only thing keeping her from slipping back into depression.

"When you cried I'd wipe all of your tears

When you'd scream I'd fight away all your fears

And I held your hand through all these years

But where did you go?"

Lucy knew this last line, but was just barely able to emit this last line before she collapsed into a fit a tears. They plip plopped into the water below, sending small ripples protruding outwards. Her hiccups and sputters weren't a normal humane noise. This whole song was too much for her fragile mind at the moment, as she knew it referred to Natsu.