Chapter 19: suspicion

Christina sat in the waiting room with class 1A, Today was the sports festival and her nerves were even worse than before. She sat there swaying side to side in her seat, trying to distract herself. 

"Are you alright?" a female voice asked. Christina looked up to see Momo smiling at her. Her black hair pulled into a side ponytail. Christina smiled up at her and waved awkwardly, 

"Hello Momo, I'm alright. This whole thing is just a bit nerve-wracking. All those people are going to be watching us" she started to ramble. Momo laughed softly, placing a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine. You seem strange" the black-haired girl commented, Christina's face turned a bright shade of red as she looked down at the floor. 

"I mean, I'm not.......that strong," she said in a quiet voice. She had no idea why she felt so nervous all of a sudden. Momo opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, Bakugo walked up to the two of them. 

"I need to talk to you," he said, looking down at Christina. He sounded angry which frightened the brown-haired girl. She quietly followed him outside, wondering what was about to happen. After walking a little way down the hallway, the two of them came to a stop. 

"What did you want to talk about" she asked, plastering a smile onto her face. Suddenly, without warning, Bakugo slammed his hand against the wall behind her, trapping her against the wall. Christina jumped, looking up at him startled. 

"Where were you when those journalists broke in, you were the last one to return to class?" He asked, the brunette stared at him for a moment, trying her best to come up with a response. 

"Well I-I got caught up in the crowd, I just had trouble finding my way back to class for a bit." She lied, waiting for Bakugo to respond. To her relief, he stepped back, without another word Christina made her way back to the others, feeling the boy's eyes staring at her as she did so.

Devotionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें