Chapter 97: A Quiet Begining

A glowing pair of green eyes looked around the dimly lit room before landing on a certain number two hero. Christina looked at him, a sly smirk on her face as she narrowed her green orbs with hatred in them. The image of Hawks standing amongst the crowd disgusted her, it made her want to snap the hero's neck and watch the life slowly drain from his eyes. After a moment, she looked over at Shigaraki who was perched on his chair, his now white hair hanging over his face, hiding his face. Only one of his crimson eyes was visible, which glanced over in Christina's direction. A smile appears on the brunette girl's face as she locks eyes with Shigaraki, then she looks back at the crowd. Her eyes scanned the crowd, all of them now members of the Paranormal Liberation Front. A smirk still on the girl's face, Christina looked back at Hawks, who had a serious look on his face, a frown tugged at his lips. His facial expression brought the young villain joy. 

"Whatever you're planning, it won't work. Hawks..."  She thought to herself, Christina didn't trust a lot of people, but she especially didn't trust the number two hero. His sudden evolvement with the group could only mean one thing in her mind, he was going to betray them. Sure, Twice seemed to like him but she couldn't blame him. Hawks had a charming personality, though that wouldn't fool her. Whatever he had planned, she would stop it. And she would kill him for betraying the group. But, for now, she would wait. She would bide her time and follow Shigaraki's orders, she trusted him, and the two of them were getting stronger. The Liberation Front would succeed, and Japan was going to fall. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I still don't know why you trust him of all people" Christina complained loudly, arms crossed as she followed Twice to the large building. The masked man looked at the girl, who had an annoyed expression on her face, 

"he's a hero, he's tricking us." She told him, fiddling with the edge of her jacket. Her hair, which had grown out over time, moved with the breeze. Suddenly, the girl went silent as she spotted Hawks talking to two other males, a small glare appeared on her face as she took in the hero's figure. His crimson wings made him look bigger than he really was. Christina took a deep breath, calming herself. She didn't want to cause a scene, Shigaraki wouldn't be happy if she did. The girl knew it would be best to just be diplomatic, even if she was tempted to kill him right then and there, she would wait, and she would have her moment. 

"Hawks!" Twice calls out, getting the hero's attention. He turned toward the male while also spotting the girl standing next to him, arms still crossed. He becomes tense for a moment, then relaxes his shoulder, smiling at the two of them, pretending he wasn't terrified that she could kill him without even breaking a sweat. For the rest of the pair's conversation, Christina tuned it out, deciding to admire the bright blue sky. And imagine what it would look like filled with smoke and fire. She could hear the screams of the citizens as their beloved city fell and turned to nothing but ashes, as the heroes were finally defeated. The thought alone amused Christina, a smile appearing on her face as she was shaken from her thoughts when she spotted Twice saying goodbye to Hawks, she watched as the masked man left, but she made no move to follow him which caught Hawks' attention. He turned towards her, still smiling. Though she could tell that he was uneasy around her, which made her smile on the inside.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked, Christina didn't say anything, she simply turned to face the hero, a fake smile plastered onto her face as she stopped in front of him. 

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to remind you..." she started to say, getting on her toes, her expression becoming serious as she whispered into the number two hero's ear with a menacing tone in her voice. 

"When you betray us, I'll be the one to kill you. And I'll enjoy every second of it" she said before baking up, a smile reappearing on her face as a wide-eyed look formed on Hawks' face. She then began to walk away, glancing at the male with a hint of malice in her expression. 

"I'll see you later, Keigo" she cheered, being sure to use the man's real name. Then, her small figure disappeared into a portal, leaving Hawks to wonder if he could pull off his goal with Christina on such high alert.