Chapter 96: The Final Battle in Otheon

Christina stared at the TV, and for once, she was shocked at what she saw. Izuku's face was shown as the male reporter spoke. She didn't really pay attention to any of his words, she was too focused on the headline that was displayed.

"Japanese Hero Deku Wanted for Mass Murder" it read. There wasn't much that could catch the brunette teen off guard, but this was one of the few moments she was left speechless. She genuinely couldn't believe it, Izuku was such a heroic boy. The exact opposite of her, he would never hurt anyone. Let alone commit mass murder. And while she hated the thought of defending the green-haired boy, she had a feeling that something else was going on. It had to have something to do with the group, Humanise. They were the whole reason she was here, to stop them before their plan succeeded. After all, if it did, she and the rest of the league would end up dead. She didn't care about any of the citizens, heroes, or students, all she was worried about was keeping the group safe. A somewhat amused smile formed on her face, she didn't feel bad for Izuku, it was actually pretty funny. The girl turned on her heel, she made her away from the TV screen. Izuku being accused of murder didn't affect her, she couldn't let herself get distracted. 

"Have you found them yet?" Shigaraki's voice could be heard as Christina talked on the phone with him. 

"No, they're too well hidden. I heard the heroes tried to raid their base, but none of them were there. I think they knew about it, they're smarter than I thought." The girl responded, 

"did you find any clues to their location?" 

"Nothing that the heroes haven't tried, it's a dead end." The brunette sighs, looking upset. 

"Man, this is really annoying." She seethes, 

"calm down, just keep an eye out, you're going to blow your cover." Shigaraki reminds her, Christina sighs to herself and nods, knowing she needs to keep herself level-headed. 

"I'm sorry Shigaraki" she apologizes with a small frown on her face, the phone call finishes and the girl shoves her phone back into her pocket, looking around the small town. She just wanted to get back to Japan already. Eventually, days passed and Christina was still in Otheon, and still had contact with Shigaraki often. However, she still hadn't found any clues on where the Humarise group was hiding, which was annoying her. The only clue she had was their plan to set off several bombs all around the world, ones that would possibly hit the League of Villain's hideout. She had already told Shigaraki about this, and he was urging her to do something to stop them, she wanted to and was afraid of disappointing the blue-haired male. Finally, one night, she found something. A makeshift plane that was flying through the air. And when she looked closer, she spoted four figures inside. All of them she reckadnized. Izuku, Katsuki, and Shoto were all on board, as well as the brunette boy Christina had run into some days ago. A smile formed on her face, and she knew this was what she needed. She quickly began to follow the small plane until it landed deep in the woods and Izuku, Katsuki, and Shoto got out, making their way into a mysterious building. Though she did notice that Rody had stayed behind. Christina hid behind a tree, watching him with an intent expression on her face. She waited there, curious if the boy would make a move. 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, suddenly catching her off guard. The girl's green eyes went wide at the fact that she had been spotted, she slowly stepped out from behind the tree, with a sweet smile on her face. As long as she kept up her ask, she could keep Rody from realizing what her true intentions were. 

"I saw the plane falling overhead and got curious" she stated, the boy raised an eyebrow, looking at her suspiciously. A small frown appeared on his face as he spoke. 

"You should get away from here, it's dangerous" he warns her, she smiles again with a glint in her bright green eyes. 

"Ah, you shouldn't worry about me, I can take care of myself" Christina rubs the back of her neck nervously. Suddenly, she hears the sounds of fighting, which peaks her interests. Ignoring Rody completely, Christina ran towards the noise. This had to be it, this was where Humarise had been hiding. When she made it to the source of the noise, Christina found debris scattered across the ground, it was obvious there had been a fight. She looked at the large door, more noises coming from inside. With no other regard for the scene outside, the brunette enters, she's met with a long hallway. Meanwhile, Izuku struggles to fight against the villain known as Fleck Turner, his body ached as fatigue settled over him. He was so focused that he didn't notice the figure approaching the scene. Christina's footsteps were quiet, and as she entered the room and Saw Izuku still fighting. She looked up at the villain and saw that she had found who she was looking for this whole time. Fleck Turner, the man who had been leading Humarise this whole time. But, just as she was about to do something, she was stopped by Shigaraki's voice coming from her phone. Fishing it out of he pocket, the girl put it up to her ear. 

"Christina, don't interfere, let the heroes handle it" the blue-haired male instructed. Though she was frustrated, she nodded. And, just as Rody made his way into the room, she opened a portal and disappeared through it, making eye contact with the boy one last time. Later, she watched the news as the story of how Rody and Izuku helped save the world was retold, and while she didn't like heroes, at least Humarise was gone.