71

It's been a few days since Bonnie's mother visit her and her mother even gave her a note with her number in case Bonnie would like to talk but Bonnie was still trying to reunite courage to have the talk with her mother, that she knew deep down, she needed to have.

Caroline has been noticing something was off with Bonnie but Bonnie tried to act like she was just more tired than usual and stressed with the exams and all that. Caroline felt Bonnie wasn't telling her everything but she also knew Bonnie was one of those people who you needed to give them space and let them go to you, so she thought maybe Bonnie just needed some space.

Bonnie has only been talking with Kol about her mother reappearing and Kol has actually been a better listener than she thought he would be. Kol was trying to be there for her, not only because Caroline made him crap his pants figuratively and almost literally when she said what she would do if he ever hurt Bonnie, but also because he truly cared about her and he wanted to show her he was not just a womanizer, like she saw him as. And, even if he didn't want to admit it, he felt good being Bonnie's confident and in her sharing with him something she hasn't shared with anyone, not even her best friend from childhood.

Elena and Elijah have been dating and they were still in that honeymoon fase where everything felt amazing and they would count the seconds to see each other.

Rebekah has been hanging out around the bar, not only to make conversation with Stefan but also because a part of her felt very jealous at how close Stefan was with his coworker/friend Lexi and tried to see if there was something there.

After Klaus made almost a scene just because a guy talked with Caroline and saved her a seat in the classroom, she realized they needed to have an important talk because she didn't want nor could be in a relationship where the guy would make her feel like she was a propriety or a prize to be won. He felt bad about the way he made her feel and promised he would try to control his jealous and possessive side, which was hard for him especially after his last relationship ending with his girlfriend sleeping with his supposed best friend.

Caroline was now in Klaus's room and they were just hanging out and talking, which they've been doing very often and she has realized that Klaus hasn't tried to make things progress since their first date and even if part of her knew it was just him trying to be respectful because she said she wanted to take things slow and not get physical right away, she also felt insecure that he didn't seem to want to be with her.

"What is it, love?" Klaus asked. "And don't say..."

"Nothing." They both said, making Caroline sigh as Klaus gave her a look.

"You know you can talk to me, right?"

"I know but... I feel that it will make me sound like a total insecure little girl which is a really big turn off." Caroline said quickly and Klaus gave her a confused look.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me."

"Okay... so... I know I told you I wanted to take things slow... and you've been amazing and completely understanding with this... but sometimes I wonder if you are okay with us not being physical because you don't feel attracted to me... or at least not as attracted to me as..."

"Caroline, I am okay with this because I want to be with you and I want to respect you. I want you to feel respected, cared for, loved. I want to treat you like a queen, which is the way you deserve to be treated." Klaus said, making Caroline blush.

"But you seem so cool with this of not having sex..." Caroline said, still a bit insecure.

"I don't want you to see me as a guy who just wants sex. Besides, you have no idea how many cold showers I've been taken just to be able to control myself..." Klaus said.

"Seriously?" Caroline asked with a smile.

"Yes." Klaus said and said in disbelief. "You truly have no idea what you do to me, do you?"

Caroline smiled and kissed him.

"You know... this is being hard for me too. I mean, every single time you call me love or when you are being this amazing boyfriend, all I want is to jump on you."

"I won't be against that, love." Klaus said and she kissed him passionately.

" Klaus said and she kissed him passionately

***

Bonnie was now in a coffee place near by the university campus and called Kol to meet her in there. She has been realizing more and more that Kol's womanizer and childish way wasn't all that Kol was and that he actually had some depth underneath the womanizer childish guy act, she knew he was all that but she started to notice he was way more than that and he just didn't let that side show all that often.

Once Kol arrived to the coffee place, he quickly noticed Bonnie drinking her coffee and sat in the booth she was in, waiting for him.

"Hello, darling! Was this your way to finally get a first date with me?" Kol said with a smirk.

"Hey, Kol!" Bonnie said.

"Okay... that's your serious-serious tone. What happened?" Kol asked now worried.

"I was thinking and maybe you are right and I should meet my mother and see what she has to say and everything."

"Can you say that again? You know the part of me being right? I wanna record it." Kol said with a smirk.

"Kol, this is serious." Bonnie said.

"Sorry..."

"It's okay. And I was actually hoping you could do me a favor." Bonnie said. "You've been here for me with this thing and I'm very nervous at how it will go the meeting with my mom so I was hoping that you would be there too. Not in the same table but in the same place, in case something would happen and..."

"I'll be there. You don't have to worry about that." Kol said, holding Bonnie's hand that was on top of the table without even thinking, being just out of instinct, making Bonnie unconsciously smile.

"Thank you... for everything." Bonnie said with a smile.