13

Kol decided to go to the library as an excuse to see Bonnie and make her see he was more than just a pretty handsome guy.

"Hello, darling!"

"Kol... What are you doing here? Did you got lost?"

 What are you doing here? Did you got lost?"

"Very funny, darling. No. I am simply here because I was looking for a few books."

"There's no comic books in here."

"You wound me, darling." Kol said, faking to be hurt. "But it's fine. I get it. When the package is this pretty, nobody cares what's inside. Hot guys have brains too, you know?"

"I didn't say they hadn't." Bonnie said but then started to feel bad for acting the way she did with Kol, because it was unusual of her, but something about him made her be on the defense. "I'm sorry. I didn't meant to be so mean. I'm sure you are kinda smart. I mean you got here."

"Yeah. Scholarship."

"Wow! Really?"

"Yeah! I was the best jock in my high school." Kol said with a proud smirk.

"And you were that jock that would date around every cheerleader?" Bonnie asked, rolling her eyes.

"I don't like cheerleaders. They are all fake!"

"Excuse me! Not that it's any of your business but I used to be one." Bonnie said, feeling offended with Kol's opinion about cheerleaders.

"I knew you were too good." Kol mumbled to himself, upset that an ex-cheerleader was getting under his skin.

"What does that mean? Because for some idiotic reason you hate cheerleaders and think they are fake, now I'm fake?" Bonnie asked upset a bit too loud, making people look at her and shush her, making her whispered to them. "Sorry."

"I just... I wasn't expecting you to be a cheerleader." Kol admitted.

"Why?"

"Because you know what you want and you don't make people think things that aren't true and don't give them false hope just to destroy their hopes and dreams later on."

"What?" Bonnie asked confused.

"It's a long story." Kol whispered.

"Okay... You know... we did agree in being friends. Friends talk to each other about stuff. But I get it that you don't want to talk about some stuff with me. I mean, we barely know each other." Bonnie whispered.

"Thank you, darling." Kol whispered, resting his hand above hers, caressing the back of her hand with his thumb, which made her smile.

"You still didn't told me what book you were looking for?"

"I was looking for..." Kol was about to say but he decided to cut the act. "Actually, I didn't come here to look for a book. I found out that you work here and I wanted an excuse to see you and make you think that I'm not just a sexy guy."

"Kol... we agreed on being just friends."

"Yes. And I wanted to spend some time with you, my friend. Friends want to spend time with each other. Just the show friends proves that. If they didn't they wouldn't spend so much time and money on Central Perk nor would they spend so much time at Monica's place." Kol smirked.

*Meanwhile*

Rebekah was in the Scull bar, she was alone in a booth, trying to find inspiration to draw an original piece of clothing but everything she draw, didn't seem of her liking, which only frustrate her.

"Hey!" Someone whispered, making her look up and see Stefan.

"Hi!" She smiled.

"I know you didn't ask for anything but I've seen you here for awhile without eating or drinking anything so I decided to get you this burger. And something to drink."

"I don't..."

"It's on me."

"No, Stefan. I accept when it's occasionally a few drinks but I don't want you to lose your job because you're giving me free food and free drinks."

"Is it me or are you starting to worry about me?" Stefan asked with a smirk, making Rebekah roll her eyes and smile. "Does this mean I'm getting closer to get your number?"

 "Does this mean I'm getting closer to get your number?"

"Don't get over yourself." Rebekah smirked. "Anyway, how much is this?"

"No. You didn't ordered it. It was me who wanted to get you this."

"Let me at least pay half of it."

"I'll be upset if you actually try to pay this." Stefan said, making Rebekah smile.

"Thank you. Not only for the food and the drinks but also for being so nice and being okay with spending a night just talking with me and for being okay not giving you my number right away."

"The only hard thing of the things you mentioned was not having your number because it makes me be on alert every time that damn door opens." Stefan admitted. "And that just made me sound like a total stalker..."

"I think it was kinda cute." Rebekah smiled, but the smile faded away when noticed the guy of the bar looking at them. "You should go. Your manager doesn't seem very happy for you to keep talking with me."

"Yeah... I really should go." Stefan whispered and wrote in his little notebook where he takes his orders, then rip off the page and give to Rebekah. "In case you need or want to talk to me or meet me, here's my number. You can use a friends phone, a burner phone... You can even use a public phone... in case they still work..."

"Thanks." Rebekah smiled and Stefan smirked, then left to get other people's orders.