39

Klaus was with his brothers in his room, telling them the conversation he just had with Caroline.

"So... did you got back together?" Kol asked.

"No. She says that first I need to really forgive Rebekah and I don't know if I can do that."

"Niklaus, Rebekah is our sister. She might have made a mistake but you have to remember the promise we made. We remain together, always and Forever." Elijah said.

"I know what we promised... But I never thought Rebekah would stop me from being with the woman that I fancy." Klaus said. "I can't believe that now, that Rebekah saw how she was being, Caroline doesn't want to be with me."

"Caroline is doing the right thing, brother." Elijah said.

"What? Why are you saying that?" Klaus asked now upset and pushed Elijah against the wall, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "Do you think I don't deserve to be happy? Do you think I'm not worthy of Caroline? Or are you trying to have something with her?"

 "Do you think I don't deserve to be happy? Do you think I'm not worthy of Caroline? Or are you trying to have something with her?"

"Brother, it's nothing like that. I don't have feelings for Caroline and all I want is for my siblings, you included, to be happy."

"Is that so? Then why do you think Caroline is doing the right thing?" Klaus asked, not sure of what Elijah was saying.

"Because she clearly wants to be with you but she sees how family is important and doesn't want to repeat the story again. She wants a new start, where you two can be together without Rebekah being against it." Elijah said as Klaus let him go.

"I'm with Klaus. He and Caroline should just get back together. Screw Rebekah!" Kol said.

"Do not talk like that about her. She is our sister." Elijah said.

"Yeah... but she is also the reason Klaus was starting to go back to the lonely wolf phase." Kol said.

"Shut up." Klaus mumbled.

"You just don't wanna hear it because you know that it's the truth." Kol said. "Anyway, I have to go. I need to do something."

***

Kol left Klaus's room and went looking for Caroline, finding her in the scull, drinking something.

"Hello there!" Kol said, seating down next to Caroline.

"Kol, I'm in no mood to talk."