41

It's been a week and Elena couldn't stop have sex dreams with Elijah. One night she was done and went to Elijah's room, finding him shirtless.

"I can't sleep and it's all because of you!" Elena said upset.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I can't stop thinking about what happened that morning... after the storm..." Elena whispered.

"Neither can I..." Elijah whispered. "But we can't. You saw what happened with Caroline and Klaus."

"Elijah, please... We don't have to do it... we can just do the other things." Elena whispered. "I'm desperate." Elena stepped closer to Elijah, wrapping her arms around his neck and whispered as she caressed his neck with her nose. "Please... it will stay just between us."

Elijah didn't say a word, simply grabbed her by the waist and pressed her against the door as he kissed her neck

Elena pushes him against the bed and got on top of him, kissing his 6 pack and his chest, making him groan. For how much Elijah enjoyed it, he wanted to listen to her moan again.

He changed their positions, took off her top, stopping to admire her beauty and started to kiss her belly and her breasts as he hold her hands.

"Elijah..." she moaned in desire.

"We can't..." Elijah whispered and get off of her.

"Oh... don't you... am I not making you...?" Elena whispered, feeling like a loser.

"What? No! It's not that. You can... you know... I just... I can't do this... not to you."

"What do you mean?" Elena asked confused.

"There's a good reason to why Rebekah doesn't want us to be together. And if we keep doing this, I won't be able to stop myself and I can't hurt you. Just the thought of that happening it pains me..."

"What's her reason? Why doesn't she want you to date one of her friends? Are you still in love with your ex and she's afraid I'll be your rebound? Is that it?" Elena asked, feeling the need to have an answer.

"No. I... I have the tendency to not prioritize my girlfriends." Elijah admitted, feeling like an awful human being.

"I'm sure that's not true. You care so much for the ones around you."

"It is true. I always put my family and the family business in front of everything. And even if sometimes they understand, I always end up hurting them."

"Family is the most precious thing someone has. No one can blame you for putting your family first."

"I forgot anniversaries and I got late to dates because of family reunions or things like that. I'm not a good boyfriend and I know that. I don't want to make you suffer, Elena. You're so pure, so caring... I couldn't live with myself knowing that I hurt you and that I couldn't stop you from leaving."