Chapter 34: Epilogue

So, this chapter is dedicated to @hawkeygirl88, just cuz I know she'll be happy when she reads this chapter lol. Enjoy this last chapter guys! and thanks for reading till the end:) 

CHAPTER 34: Epilogue

MAY 2010

ROSALINE'S P.O.V

I was so excited. I ran out of the airport, skipping and cheering so happily. I knew it must have looked strange but I didn’t care. I grabbed my phone, and stepped into a cab as soon as I saw one. I called Kaner first, realizing I hadn't even talked to him in a few days, being so busy arranging all of this. 

I was finally on my way, almost reaching the destination I would be spending much time in for the next few months, when Kaner answered.

“Hey babe, what’s up?” He asked me, feeling a smile in his voice.

“You are never gonna believe this!” I said, excitedly.

“Well, tell me what it is. Don’t leave me in suspense.” He smiled.

“So, I went to the doctors last week and my shoulder has completely healed. I had forgotten to tell you, but my shoulder healed a bit faster than they anticipated and I started physiotherapy a few weeks ago.”

“So, what does that mean?”

“I’m going back on the ice!” I shouted over the phone, and I was finally at my destination. I thanked the taxi driver silently, and paid him before walking towards the large building. I stopped for a moment, taking it all in.

A new adventure begins here, I thought positively with a smile.

“That’s awesome, Rose. I’m so happy for you.” Kaner grinned. “So, where are you heading then?”

I grinned, and continued to walk forwards, hurrying my way in. “Well, there’s not much I can do since a lot of teams are in the playoffs but I’m already here. So, I think I’m going to be cheering on the team for a few weeks before I can step on the ice with them.”

“But you’re still cheering for me right?” He asked.

“Always. I’m always gonna cheer for you, Patty.” I smiled, thinking back at what he had told me at the Olympics. “I’m not cheering for Canada, but maybe I’ll cheer for you.”

As I walked into the arena, I wondered how this was gonna go, feeling butterflies in my stomach. The General Manager had informed me to meet him and the team at 2pm and as I looked down at the time, I was here at that exact time. For months, I thought about this decision, whether I should come or to choose another team, but deep inside of me, I knew this was right. 

I needed to be here. 

KANER’S POV

Rose had called me when our GM had just stepped into the locker room. We had just finished practice before we played again tonight, and all of us were very excited. I was even more excited when Rose told me she was getting back on the ice.

“So, which team are you heading to?” I asked her over the phone just as a knock came at the door.

The GM got up and went towards the door, and I couldn’t help but look at who that was. I had no idea who would be knocking at our door at this time. The line over the phone suddenly went dead and I frowned. Why would she hang up on me?