Chapter 25: Number One Fan

CHAPTER 25: Number One Fan

ROSALINE’S P.O.V

Kaner had to leave for a practice right after lunch and I decided to wait in the crowd, with nothing else to do with my time. It was so hard to forget about Nick, but I was done wasting my time with him. If he was gonna make my life hell than it was better he left.

I had no idea where he was going, if he had even thought this through, probably not, but right now I had so many other things to worry about. I already had school on my mind, the NHL, my shoulder getting better, and the fact that I needed to stay off the ice for at least 2 months. It was hard, emotionally, for me. Hockey was my life. I had no other way to get through my life without it.

And now, I really wanted to go back home to my aunt Jess. I wished I could’ve flown them all the way to Vancouver with my cousins, but they couldn’t come with me because of work and school. I understood, but right now I could not wait to see them. Some friendly family faces would make my day.

“You look exhausted.” I heard a voice come towards me.

I jumped because I was so deep in thought, I was not expecting someone to sneak up on me. “Hey, Sid.”

He came along with Taylor, and I simply continued to stare ahead at the ice. Taylor frowned, “Is it okay if we sit with you?”

I nodded, trying to force a smile on my face. “Sure. Grab a seat.”

They both took a seat on each side of me, and I took in a deep breath. “So, congratulations on the win, Sid. Golden game tomorrow, you must be nervous?”

He smiled, “A little, yeah but I’m sure it’ll be something pretty special whether we win or lose.”

I forced a smile on my face, “That’s awesome.”

“So, what about you?” Taylor asked me. “How’s your shoulder?”

I shrugged, “It’s getting better, I guess.”

Taylor noticed something wrong. “You seem very distracted. You okay?”

I chuckled, “Oh yeah, life’s awesome.”

She already understood my sarcasm and chuckled herself. “Okay, you want to tell us what happened?”

Something caught and I blinked multiple times to keep from crying, and looked away from the ice to the ground. “I don't really know how to say it.”

Sid put his arm on my shoulder, my good one. “We already know about Nick. It’s okay.”

“Thank god, cuz I didn’t want to say it.” I chuckled to hide the terror and pain.

“I’m really sorry.” Taylor said.

“Yeah, me too.” I muttered, looking back towards the ice. “I tried to help him… but if he wants to run away, then there’s nothing I can do. It’s his life, I’m tired of just… I don’t even want to talk about it right now, guys.”

“It’s okay.” Sid said. “We can talk about something else.”

“You know where you’re going after the Olympics?” Taylor asked me.

“Ottawa, finishing high-school. Doesn’t look like I’m going in the NHL any time soon. Looks like that’s gonna have to wait till next year.” I said.