Stutter Boy Part 3

hopefully this will be better than part 2, cuz lets be honest, that ending sucked ass.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Luke stared at his wall, occasionally slamming his head against it.

"Stupid."

Slam.

"Idiot."

Slam.

"Fuck Calum."

Slam.

His door opened and his mom poked her head in. "You okay?"

Luke pulled his covers over his head and sighed. "Have you ever made such a huge mistake you want to kill yourself over it?"

She sat on the edge of his bed, a far away look in her eyes. "High school." She whispered.

She shook her head and pulled the covers back. "What's this all about, Lukey?"

Luke sighed and sat up, drawing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. "Mom, are you homophobic?"

"Oooooh, you're going through that confused sexuality phase." She nodded. "Who's the hot boy that's got your head all confused?"

Luke looked out his window, where he could see Ashton's house.

She followed his gaze and sucked in a breath. "I see."

"You're not homophobic, right?" He asked, fear creeping in his voice.

She leaned in and kissed his forehead. "I'm happy if your happy, and if you being happy means dating another guy, then I'm fine with that. I love you hun, regardless of your taste in love."

Luke smiled. "Thanks mom." He looked down and traces circles on his bed. "Let's say, hypothetically, that, if I liked a boy, he liked me back."

She nodded slowly. "Okay."

"But at that time, I didn't like him back." Luke looked up. "And he moved on and found another guy who happens to be a friend of mine and now they are dating."

"Oh."

"And now, the hypothetical guy realizes he likes the first guy back, but now it's too late since the other guy is in a relationship now. I mean, what should the guy do?"

"Well hun," She stood up. "I think it's best the hypothetical guy works things ouit himself, and does what he thinks is best."

"But what are his options?" Luke pleaded. "What even is the best thing to do?"

"Well, I see it one of two ways." She said. "The guy can either let the new couple be, or he can tell the guy he likes that he likes him and hope for the best."

Luke thought it over.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked.

Luke looked back out his window. "I'm gunna hope."

-

Luke knocked on Ashton's door and prayed Ashton's mom wouldn't answer.

Someone must have heard his prayer, because Ashton opened the door. "L-Luke?"

"Ashton." Luke said in relief. "I need to talk to you and I need to talk to you now." He grabbed Ashton's hand and pulled him out of his house. He started walking fast and Ashton just went along with it.

"W-where are w-we g-going?" He asked.

"Someplace private." Luke responded.

Ashton got butterflies.