Petsmart

Wether you call it PetSmart or PetsMart, is irrelevant.

All Luke cares about is adopting that sweet little white dog, until his hands reach for it at the same time another pair of hands do.

"Hey, I had dibs first." He snapped at the tanned brunette.

The other boy scoffed, fixing his messy curls. "Yeah right, I've had my eye on Pompi for months now."

"Pompi?!"

Or an AU where Luke and Ashton fight to adopt the same dog.

(Take a shot whenever I type "glared")

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Luke's P.O.V.

I burst into the pet store, excitement propelling me to the back of the store where I knew she would be.

"Slow down there, Luke," a voice chuckled.

My friend, Michael, kept one hand on the back of my shirt as I speed walked/ran down the shiny tile floors, trying to slow me down.

I huffed, and settled for a fast power walk. "You know I've been wanting this dog for months now, Mikey. Don't hold me back."

He shrugged and let go of my shirt. "Just promise me you won't trip."

Ever since I saw the little white puffball of a Pomski in this store six months ago, I couldn't imagine anyone else owning her but me.

Unfortunately, my mom said if I wanted her that badly I would have to save up for her by myself.

Which I finally did, today. I had been doing payments of sixty bucks a month for her, slowly saving up the total eight hundred that she was priced at. Less than twenty minutes ago I had cashed my paycheck and finally had the last payment for my little Snowphelia.

When I arrived at the back playpen, where the other dogs all were jumping around and getting exercise, I sighed in relief when I saw my little snowball excitedly yipping and chasing her tail in the corner.

My hands reached for her, and out of the corner of my eye I saw another pair of hands do the same.

"Hey, I had dibs first." I snapped at the tanned brunette, slapping his hands away.

The other boy scoffed, fixing his messy curls. "Yeah right, I've had my eye on Pompi for months now."

"Pompi?!"

I shrieked in disbelief. "Her name is Snowphelia!"

He gave me a weird, judging look. "What kind of renaissance-era-fantasy-fucking-high end-way too many syllables name is that?"

I snorted. "Its better than stuck up Pompi. You're two vowels short of calling her a volcano!"

I snatched up my pup, holding her tightly in case this fucktard tried to grab her.

The boy gazed at me. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put my dog down before I have the manager call security."

I snorted. "Snow is my dog. I saved up for her for months and today I'm officially buying her. Ask anyone who works here, I've been visiting her every day since I met her and giving sixty bucks a week straight to the owner in payments!"

It was then the worker who knew me the most walked by and I smiled. "Hayden!"

She glanced, saw me, and headed over, waving.

"Hey Luke, long time no see." She joked, since I was here yesterday.

I nodded at the new boy. "Please inform this dog stealer that Snowphelia is my dog, not his."