Blackmail Part 6

Luke is mine to hurt, not yours to love.

Ashton stared at the text he had received sometime last night.

He didn't recognize the number, but the person signed themself as, "The Fixer".

He hadn't told anybody that he liked Luke, not even Luke knew!

Frightened, Ashton shoved his phone under his pillow, deciding not to tell anyone about this. It would only freak them out and ruin their vacation. They only had three days left of it anyway.

Someone knocked on his door. "Hey Ashton, you ready to go? Michael got the boat ready!" Calum called.

"Yeah, be out in a sec!" Ashton replied. Today they were going on a boat ride around the lake.

He hurried and got dressed and joined the other boys on the dock.

Luke was glaring at the water, his arms wrapped around himself.

"He's scared of the lake." Calum whispered to Ashton.

Ashton couldn't help but smile. "It's okay Luke, I'll protect you." And not just from the water.

Luke huffed. "I'm not even scared. Deep water is just dangerous, what if it storms?"

"Then you go overboard." Michael said, stepping back from the boat. "Okay, that's everything. Does Luke need a lifevest?"

Ashton had to hold Luke back as Luke tried to shove Michael into the water.

"Guys can we please just have some fun today with no fighting?" Calum sighed.

"Probably not." Luke muttered as they climbed into the boat.

-

They had stopped the boat in the middle of the lake and were passing around their lunch that Calum had packed.

"So, are we gunna talk about Cecilia or ignore our situation?" Michael asked, stretching out.

Ashton bit his lip.

"Well, I don't know. I mean, nothing else has happened right? And we don't even have any proof that it's actually her." Luke said, opening a pop.

"But even if it's not her, someone still really hates us." Calum said nervously.

"Maybe we should just lie low for a bit. Maybe after this vacation everything will go back to normal." Ashton tried to reason, even though he didn't even believe himself.

But the other boys nodded and agreed.

However, when they got home, their sense of safety went straight out the window when Michael went to his room to get his phone.

He unplugged it from his charger and it lit up with two new messages from an unknown number.

He frowned and opened the messages.

The first was a picture message of him and a girl, standing in front of Big Ben. They had their arms wrapped around each other, and he could even make out the shiny diamond ring that he had bought her.

He never thought he would see her again, after he moved back to Australia for the start of school.

The second message made his blood run cold.

Remember me? Of course you do. You've broken one heart too many Michael. Now it's my turn. I'm going to make you regret hurting me.