Mad King

King Henry has not been acting like himself lately and Faridah's mother staying in a French court for a few days has him more on the edge. Faridah was excited to have her mother around while Catherine wasn't too happy to see her.

Faridah and her mother take a stroll through the garden.
"Mot- I mean my Queen," faridah said
"Yes?"
"How is it back home?" She Curiously asked

Faridah's mother looked up at the clouds and sighs,
"It could be better, my dear, rebels are causing more of a problem than I would have liked. They are calling for heads."

"If they call for your heads, you usually have theirs instead."

"That doesn't silence them anymore... Enough about rebels tell me how is it here in France?"

"Compare to Algeria very much quiet and calm... well, besides the few events that happen here and there. France is a nice place to retire too."

"I am envious." they both laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faridah and her mother are in the throne room enjoying a cup of tea while other ladies are enjoying themselves with a book or with a game. Lady Kenna enters the room sat down with Mary and her ladies.

"Who is that?" Farah's mother asked Faridah

"That is lady Kenna."

"Lady? More like whore."

"Mother!"

"She's the kings' mistress, you are not close with her?" she asked

"No."

"Good, we don't need her reputation anywhere near ours."

A maid came up to the queen and ask to speak to her alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You requested an audience with me? Why?" Henry said sitting on his throne with Cathrine next to him.

"You seem upset?" Faridah's mother said with a smile.

Henry takes a deep breath and stares her down then smiles back at her.

"Algeria needs France's help." She states.

"No," the king answered harshly.

"no?"

"Is it hard for you to understand, I have no interest in helping your country" Henry gets up and heads for the door.

"Henry please do tell me what happened to that whore you paid to entertain you and lady Kenna?"

Henry stops in his tracks and looks over at Cathrine who is in shock but covers it up quickly,

"Henry is known to be a ... flirt," Cathrine said

"Do you think she and the archduke's sister are at the same place? Talking about their encounters with the king of France?" Faridah's mother sarcastically said.

The king storms right up to her and grabs her jaw, "How do you know?"

Faridah's mother keeping her composer just laughs and removes his hand, "I have eyes on all my allies."

"Spys?" Cathrine asked

"You can call them that."

"Your guards?" the king asked

"No that would be too obvious, but it doesn't matter who is a spy. You should be afraid of what I will do with the information."   She walks around the throne room, "You think France can handle another battle within its borders at the fragile state it's in?"

The king takes a deep breath,
"What do you want?" He stares her down

"France sends 10 boats full with soldiers to show alliance with my throne."

"10! That is a ridiculous amount for just a small rebellion!" Catherine exclaimed.

Henry and Faridah's mother stare at each other like they were drilling holes through their heads with just their eyes. Henry sudden laughs and gentle grabs a strand of hair on her shoulder. He kisses it then stands inches away from her face.

"I do not desire to be one of your 'conquest' nor join the same faith as them. You have a wife for a reason."

"She does not arouse me like you."

A darkness covers her eyes, "you also have a son with beautiful wife to entertain you."

Henry looks at her eyes and gives a cheeky smile. He tries to grab her waist but she quickly slaps his hands away.

"You are right." Henry agrees with her. Catherine jumps to her feet with fear in her eyes grabs Henry and tries to reason with him.

"You surly don't agree with such thing. You will leave Mary alone for sure. She is Francis's wife. Someone you shall not covet with your Son's wife."

Henry rolled his eyes and sighs. "5 boats that's final."
Faridah's mother smiles at him and bows, "I shall send word to the court back home about the generous king's aid." She walks out the room.

She manages to get down the hallway before Catherine calls out to her.

"Stop!!" Catherine stops hoping the Queen will walk up to her, but she does not budge.

"Are you coming or shall we yell our business for everyone to hear?"
Cathrine sighs and walks up to her, "What are you trying to do?"

"What ever do you mean?" She pretends to be confused.

"Who told you about the king being...mad."

"Even though I have eyes on everyone. One can simply look at him and see the insanity within him."

She pats Catherine's shoulder and gives her a smile. "I would run if I was you. Someone in his state will fall and he will grab you with him."

"Why do you care." Catherine said unbothered.

"We are queens, even if you see me as an enemy. We have to be careful in a mans world. No matter the title or wealth you possess it's nothing against a man's word."