Pagan

"They choose Mary because they knew it would motivate you," Francis said. He looks away Amice comes from a corner,

"What do you mean they pick Mary? And who are they? Is it Pagans?" she throw questions at them.

"Were you just listening to our conversation?" Bash said

"Yes, I was a few things your mother taught me," she nods towards Francis, he smiles.

"I bet she taught you a lot of stuff," Francis said.

"She did treat me like one of her daughters, but enough of your mother tell me about the Pagans in Blood Wood."

"How do you know so much?" Both men say at the same time.

"Oh, really I pay your guard to tell me stuff once things get interesting around here."

Bash and Francis look at each other and back at Amice.

"You really did learn a lot from my mother." Francis chuckles and flashes Amice a small smile.

They tell her what has been happening in the woods and what they know. Amice realize that Bash was hiding something. Francis left to talk to Mary. Leaving bash and amice alone.

"So should I say it or are you going to tell me?"

"What are you talking about?" Bash confusingly ask

"You know more than you lead on bash. Either you have a friend that believes in this," she points at the bloody animal head that was being carried by guards. "Or you been studying on this way too much."

He looks at her with a bit a fright in his eyes. She laughs and pats him on his shoulder. She looks at Mary and remembers the kiss bash and Mary share near the river during the harvest festival. And her heart drop, she felt a tear crawl coming up.

"Whatever you need to do, do it. She seems like someone you care about." Amice said, she walks away and felt bash's hand grab hers. She stops and looks at him with red eyes.

"Amice? What's wrong?"

She throws her hand down causing bash to let go of her hand.

"Nothing *chuckles* nothing at all." She gives him a weak fake smile. She runs out before her tears start pouring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mohammed and amice were talking in her room.

"You really don't remember that?"

"No I do, I even remember the beating and yelling I got because of that."

They both laugh, then Mohammed got serious.

"Faridah."

"*laughing* yes *laughing*"

"Marry me."

Amice looks at him shockingly. She tries to find words to put together to answer him, but nothing.  

"So is that a no."

"No!"

"Than you will marry me!"

"No.. I mean... I don't know."

"You're still in love with Sebastian."

"Yes."

"Why him? He was a man you once engaged with. He does not even love you anymore."

"I know."

"Then why are you still in love with him?"

"It not a choice!" She yells at him before she knew it tears starts to come out once again.
"Every time I think I'm over him he always finds a way to get me back. He is like a poison I want to take."

Mohammed takes a handkerchief and walks to her. He kneels down to her height and wipes the tears from her face.

"I would never break your heart like this. I will treasure you forever."
He grabs her chin with his index finger. He pulls her closer to his face, they are inches from each other.

"Stop crying, my princess. Please do, because you're breaking my heart." He moves closer and closer with every word.

"Please-" her eyes are looking at his lip. Before she could finish he kiss her. After a minute of amazing kissing, they move their lips apart. Mohammed gets up and smiles.

"See you stop crying. Don't cry anymore, at least not when I'm not around. I'm the only person who can make you stop."

"I-I need so-sometime alone."

He looks at her then bows and walks out. When the door close she took a deep breath. She felt her cheeks getting hotter.

"He kissed me. He? My friend? Mohammed?" She looks at the spot he kneels and was filled with energy. But she was just so surprised she did not move at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Francis speed walks down a hall. Amice calls for him and stops him.

"What are you in a hurry for?"

"Bash he-" he was interrupted by Mary.

"You guys, I questioned the servents, and only one was caught in a lie but it was no help."

"You know what I just found out," He said looks at her and amice. "Bash used his position and money to get a prisoner out, a thief. He promised the guard that the prisoner would not be coming back. I'm afraid he going to hang him and kill the thief in the woods."

"Is that what it takes to repay a debt?" Mary said leaning in between amice and Francis.
"To make a human sacrifice." She whisper

"Yes," Amice said

"I don't think he going to do it, bash is not that type of man," Mary said
Francis looks a bit annoy.

"I think he will because he is willing to do anything for you mary," Francis said walking away.

"What do you mean?" Mary said stopping him. He looks at amice and they both look at mary.

"Me and Francis saw you and bash kiss during the festival," Amice said.

"I swear it was just a one-time thing. I was drunk and we were just talking and -"

"And what mary, you forgot you engaged with me. Or did he forgot that he is my bother and you're my future wife." Francis yells at mary.