Secret

"We will wed tonight." Francis and Faridah walk around the garden.

"Tonight? Is not too hasty, Francis?"

"Why the hasty? I love Mary and she loves me. Why should I wait?"

"The youth, you think quick with your body, but not with your head."

"Youth? I believe we are the same age."

"Then I speak the truth."

They both laugh.

"Speaking about youth and love." Francis looks over at her, "what about you and my brother?"

"Don't ask me. He has been acting strange around me lately." She plays with her hair.

"Strange?"

"Yes, earlier I bump into him on my way our the kitchen-"

"Kitchen, you, and your snacks." He chuckles Faridah lightly punched him on his arm.

"Like I was said, I was leaving the kitchen and bump into bash on his way to the stables. I had a small talk with him, but he refuses to look me in my eyes."

"That indeed is strange. Did you not tell me you and bash are now back together?"

"At this point, I don't know. After the incident with the Italian, I told him how I feel. How we should be together."

"Did he agree?"

"Yes... well maybe... I don't know really."

"What?"

"He kissed me after I told him how I felt about being together."

"Then he agreed."

"But today he acts cold, distance... like before he ended our engagement."

"No! Stop thinking that!" He grabs her shoulders, "I will not let my friend go back into that dark place again." He kisses her forehead, he places his arm around his shoulder while they walk back to the castle. "You smell lovely today."

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A letter arrives from the Queen your highness." A guard hands her a letter and leaves her room. She opens it,

Dear my beloved daughter,

I wish I could tell you the news that would lighten up your day, but a lie would not do you any good. Algeria is facing a possible revolution. People have been rioting on the street, they want my head. People need to see their princess soon, come and visit. Your sister's birthday is coming up soon, send her a gift. Send word when you plan on arriving in Algeria so we can prepare for your arrival.

Your mother

"A riot" she remembers what Nostradamus told her. "A riot, blood on the queen, and betrayals."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have a guest, your highness." a guard ask Faridah while she was is thinking while sipping tea. Francis and King Henry are talking about politics. Cathrine who is sitting next to Faridah looks over at her.

"Your mother needs assistance from France?" King Henry ask Faridah.

"Your highness?" the guard

She does not answer any of them; she is so in her thoughts that she could not hear them. Francis walks up to her and waves his hands at her face. That manages to get her attention, but it ends up scaring her. she drops her cup of tea on the floor and the cup shatters on the floor.

"Amice are you alright?" Francis ask her

"Are you not feeling well?" King Henry looks over a bit concern

"Your highness?" The guard still trying to get her attention.

she looks at them and wants to tell them what Nostradamus told her, but Mary storms in the room stopping her.

"As queen of Scotland, I have made a decision. I lay no claim to the English throne. There are too many lives at stake and I have a duty to those who would die for me. Who believe that I would die for them, regardless of my personal happiness. I know your terms. I know this will cost me the man I love."

Francis walks to her, "Mary, no-"

"You're risking everything. Everything you've spent your life waiting for." King Henry also walks up to Mary and interrupts Francis.

"I know." mary tells him

Amice looks over at Cathrine who is relieved for some reason.

"You're walking away from England, From more power than you could ever imagine." Henry tries to convince her.

"I'm walking away from France." she corrects him. She walks away while King Henry shots for her to stay. Francis runs up to her and stops her.

"Has she lost her mind?" King henry clearly upset.

"Try no to do anything hasty here, King Henry." Amice tries to calm him down.

"I did not do anything hasty here, it is mary who is not rational right now."

"I don't understand what happened she was excited to be marrying Francis. She loves him, something must have happened for her to say such things."

The king walks away from Amice to think or to control his emotions. He quickly turns around and stares right at Catharine.

"You." he walks towards her, but Francis conveniently interrupts his father.

"Father, I have talked with Mary she is not in the right state to make the claims she has. Everything will go as plan, I will be wed with Mary and you will have England."

"Where is she?" the King ask, "Where did she run off too!" the king yells. Francis looks over where he left Mary and she's is not there.

"Mary, no," he whispers under his breath. He runs to find out where she has gone. He was running down the hall when the stable boy came running to him,

"Prince Francis!"

"What is it?"

"It's Mary, she is at the stables with Sebastian. They claim they are going out for riding, but it felt a bit off, my prince."

"Take me to them."

After everything that happened in the throne room and her own problems, she decides to go out on a little stroll since the weather was nice. When she was out on her walk she bumps into a frantic Francis.

"Francis? what are you doing?" she asks him

"Mary!" He spots her on a horse with bash next to her. Amice also notices this and is in complete shock.

"Wait! Mary!" Francis tries his best to run after them, but couldn't. His heart breaks watching them ride off; he falls on his knees wishing they would just stop.