An Eventful Night

Faridah brushes her hair while watching the birds outside her window. The door opens and a guard enters,

"Queen Cathrine requested to see you."

"Let her in."

Cathrine walks in and waits for the guard to close the door.

"I should ask about your trip to Paris, but I need to know where is he?"

"Who?" Faridah stops brushing her hair and faces Cathrine.

"Don't act dumb with me, where is Sebastion?"

"How am I supposed to know where he is at?"

"You don't know?"

Faridah sighs and walks over to her dresser, "No Cathrine, I assume you, you look like a madman right now." Faridah picks out a pair of pants and a shirt. "Bash never contacted me, I wouldn't blame him after our last encounter with each other. That's why I went to Paris, I needed to clear my head. You know who I mee-"

"Sebastion never made it to Spain." Cathrine interrupts her.

Faridah drops her clothes and looks at Cathrine, "What do you mean? Where is he?" Her voice is shaky.

"Two of the guards that were escorting him to Spain were found dead on the side of the road."

Faridah's legs gave out and she fell to the floor, "...I should have looked at him... I should have kissed and hugged him. I was just mad at him and I didn't know it would be my last time seeing him." Faridah could feel her throat tightening and she couldn't breathe, Cathrine sits down next to her on the floor.

"Sebastion's body was not found. He could still be alive." She tries to assure Faridah.

"...Did you really think I would do something like that? I would not kill your guards... but bride them."

Cathrine smiles, "Yes, I should have known. I apologize. Now come on, Francis and Mary shall be on their way back any minute now."

Faridah and Cathrine get up from the floor, "I will be waiting for you outside your chambers." Cathrine said and walks out of the room to allow Faridah to change her clothes.

After a few minutes later Faridah walks out of her room both Cathrine and Faridah walk to the entrance to greet the love birds.

"Francis!" Cathrine walks over to him and gives him a hug then Mary. "We have a lot to talk about." She pulls him away from Mary and to Faridah.

"How was your honeymoon?" She asks him

"Lovey, Mary and I-"

"You can talk about your travels later... your bastard brother never made it to Spain." his mother interrupts him.

"What do you mean?" He looks over at Faridah who is avoiding eye contact with him. "I sent those guards with him myself. They were supposed to accompany him to a ship and see him safely on board."

"The bodies of those men you sent were found by the side of the road, not long after you left for your honeymoon."

"Bash's body was not found?"

"No, we believe he is still alive... hopefully." Amice states.

"Either he killed the guards himself, or the whole party was attacked, and he managed to escape," Cathrine adds on

"Are they looking for him?" Francis questions

"Of course. Henry has his men looking everywhere. Aren't you glad you have a mother who pays attention to such things?"