2 - The bleeding past

Happy Reading!!

Next Morning

"Miss Rosy, I want to you think clearly and then answer as I ask you for the third time. Was there a robbery attack in your house or not the last night?" The police asked Rosy.

"I told you already. There was no robbery at our house. I-I slept peacefully. Trust me, Garry." Rosy held her brother's hand, pleading for support, still having her head hung low.

"In a way, it seems the only truth. You people have already checked that every furniture and all the cash and jewelry in our home is safe and intact and there is no sign any of violence in the house!" Harry spoke for the first time in his sister's support.

"But what about the chilling cries and dreadful fighting sounds that came from your house after midnight?" A few neighbors could not resist their curiosity.

This made everyone silent once again. The neighborhood heard cries and shrills from Wilson's house during the darkest hours of the night, but they didn't dare to come out of their houses. The horror stories of people getting killed who tried to stop the robbery had crippled them all. Just one young man dared enough to drive 5 miles and report to the nearest police station after the sun rose.

"Miss Rosy Wilson! Don't test my patience and tell me the truth else I will declare you as responsible for hiding a crime here!" The police officer shouted on the teenaged girl and her brothers, who were still trying to figure out a possible explanation, when the eldest Wilson stepped up now, "Sir, I respect your concern of coming here early in the morning to check a possible crime, but you cannot talk to our sister that way. There may be a miscommunication, maybe there was some confusion.
And most importantly, when Rosy is telling us that nothing happened here last night, then we must believe her. Also, you checked the entire house, there is no evidence showing any signs of robbery."

-"But Mr. Garry, I-"

-"I thank you for showing up and request you to search for a real crime somewhere else in the neighborhood." Garry put his protective shoulders around his sister's scared shoulders. He and Harry saw the Police leaving their premises after falling short of arguments.

"No one has ever touched my heart the way you have, my dear Rosy. But, dear, will you do me this favor and not tell anyone about what happened here? I know that I am asking you a lot, but believe me, I want to have a fresh start in my life and I want you in that life..."

Rosy knew that she just uttered the biggest lie and kept mum on the murder and robbery, and most importantly she was lying to her loving brothers, who were her greatest well-wishers and protectors and even evolve as her parents when they too were orphans.

But for some reason, she could not forget the most loving and caring words of her savior, Derrick. Though she met him just a day ago, she still was willing to spend her life with him, and lying to her brothers was the only option until she heard back from Derrick.

"I will come and get you soon, my Rose. I just need to make the things perfect in our world first!"
Rosy was counting on her love's word and started counting her days.

1 month later

"Garry, I am so happy for you and yet so angry that you were hiding your love life for the last 2 weeks!" Harry exclaimed as the brothers entered home in the late evening when they saw their little sister preparing dinner for all.

"Rosy, how many times did I tell you that you don't have to make food. You should give time to your studies only, do you understand?" Harry glared at Rosy and she smiled back at his care when Harry exclaimed, "Well, Rosy, you don't have to be the only girl in the house anymore and complain of boredom."