27 - Faith Shattered

RECAP (from Chap -26) - BEAUFORT

"What do you mean? Is David Tiger coming back?" I (John) questioned.

I had no idea what Sam meant and Logan added, "Yesterday, there was a blast near our office in Manhattan, John and Alex."

"Yes, local police is looking out for them, but we know it's David Tiger. Our parents, uncle Garry and aunt are leaving for Cuba today." Jack added.

"Why didn't you tell me? I will call dad right now!" I shouted.

"No!" Adam came and stopped me, "we don't know if someone is tracking your phone. I am in contact with your parents and this should be continued for some more time."

I nodded but then asked, "Now what? Is there no way to stop David Tiger?"

"There is and that should be started today," Sam responded and Logan nodded.

RECAP (from Chap - 21) - SEDONA

And to your question on how we found you. Well, that boy will come along with Sir Brook, as his bodyguard. And his name is Ethan. Now go back to sleep!"

"Ethan?... Uncle, you must have got the name wrong..." I shrieked but then whispered to myself, 'There can be so many Ethans in this world. My Ethan cannot have me caught. Yes, he can't...'

"What are you whispering to yourself? And I haven't got any names wrong. I have met him too. His name is Ethan Hall."

And NOW...

BEAUFORT (Leo's Place) (Next Day)

Leo's POV:

I yawned as I was finishing my work in my study. I took off my reading glasses and messaged my forehead when I heard the sweet voice of my maid, Nina, "Leo Sir, here is your dinner. I know it's just 8.10, but I made it early because I know you are tired today and you can go to sleep early."

I smiled and took the dinner plate from her, "that's so thoughtful of you, Nina! And I have told you before as well, please don't call me sir. I am of your son's age. Wow, you made macaroni and chocolate pie today! I love it..."

-"Ok... umm Leo. And I know. Macaroni is always your favorite and chocolate pie is Ria's favorite."

-"Yes, she loves it and you are the best! Is she still sleeping, Nina? Did she-"

-"She got up a while back, sir... I mean, Leo. The sedatives that the doctor gave her are so strong, she has been sleeping all the while. And I know that you want to know if she spoke anything about her ordeal, but no. She is still silent. Poor girl, she is still so weak. And I know why are you asking for her because you are worried that she won't have her dinner just like she didn't have her lunch. But don't worry, sir Leo. I will make sure that she eats."

-"Are you sure, Nina?"

-"Yes, Leo. And now you relax. I know how much you love to eat your dinner while watching Netflix."

I chuckled and mouthed her thanks and instantly my phone vibrated.

-"Umm... is it them again, Leo?"

-"Yep, Nina. After Wilson twins, Joe and John called me like fifty times already, it's Daniel now, for the 5th time. And... I dismiss the call again. I am telling you Nina, another time they call me, I am gonna get to their house and break their... phones, haha not their noses. I can but I won't."

-"Leo, I know you are annoyed, but I feel they are just worried about Ria."

-"I know that too, Nina. But what about Ria's sufferings? They made her go through that. Also, only Logan has the authority to come here and get Ria. But I will fight him too. And his little brothers know that and that's why they are just calling me, but aren't attempting to come here and get their sister."