28 : Fugitive - 1

RECAP:

SEDONA

I could recognize sir Brook but had no idea who was the young man behind him. He must be his son. My eyes searched for anyone else I could recognize, but I didn't. A felt myself smiling knowing I was not betrayed by him until I saw someone stepping inside.

My legs wobbled and I fell on the floor. I had lost words, I had lost thoughts, I had lost all my faith in God when I saw my Ethan, Ethan Hall... with sir Brook.

And NOW...

SEDONA (Derrick's place)

EVELYN'sPOV:

"Evelyn..." Libby cried out loud and that made Ethan look up and he looked straight into my eyes. Libby pulled me back when I didn't respond to her, away from the visibility and I lost Ethan's sight.

"Eve, you need to get dressed, now!" Libby shook me as I was still lost in Ethan's betrayal.

But a voice got me back to my senses, "Libby, let me take care of her. You can take care of the guests." It was Ried.

"Ried, you boys have done enough!" Libby tried to shun him down getting on between him and me.

"I know. I am truly sorry for what happened. Please let me have a moment alone with my sister." Ried said, forwarding his hand to me and Libby nodded.

"You still favor him over me, Libby!" I shrieked in disbelief and stormed to my room.

I tried to close my room's door but Ried was quick to block it and slipped inside my room.

"Evelyn, how are you?" Ried came forward placing his hands on my arms.

I yanked off and backed away quickly, "Ried, I am still in pain. My body hurts even when I lie down. So please give me a few days to recover before you and your elder brother want to treat me like a punching bag again."

Somehow my words caused him the same amount of pain. He lowered his head, "I know we crossed our limits, Eve. But Zane and I still love you."

I smirked, "Crossed limits? You and your elder brother almost had killed me 2 nights back! And you were telling Libby outside that you want a moment from me while you have snatched my entire life!"

Ried placed his hands on my shoulder, "Evelyn, he is your elder brother too and he has recovered well now. He burned his hands the same night that he hit you... Just wanted to tell you, though I know you wouldn't care. Honestly, I don't think I can do anything to convince you that Zane and I do love you."

"You can convince that Ried, by staying away from my life!" I spat out.

Ried sighed, "Okay, if that's what you want. But I know that you care for Libby, Sam, and Bolt, and probably for our father, who is still in a coma. So please... please... get dressed and come down to meet sir Brook and his son David... Father got a dress for you. It's in your wardrobe."

I had fresh tears listening to Ried's last sentence. I started turning away my face, "I know I have no option but to surrender to the current situation and that means a fresh death every day."

"Hey, don't say that!" Ried pulled me to face him, "I promise, this time I won't let you get hurt... Getting engaged to David will never mean a death, Eve! He is a good person."

I smirked, "I died the day you ripped me away from my orphanage at Rincon. Truly that was the only home I ever had." Ried was speechless as he left the room instantly.