Chapter 35

It was nearly dark in the compact room. The two people in the room kept looking at each other in silence. Her life was never simple, and the death of Mahi shattered the last hope in her. She went to the window, and for the few moments she looked at the lights of the town.

"What are you thinking?" Aditya asked, appearing from her side. She turns around, startled. Over the months and days she worked on him to get him back to his old self, his small conversation still felt foreign to her.

"Nothing," she looked at him and then brought her gaze back to the crowded town.

"hmm. " he nods and after a few minutes she heard the closing of a door.

Then she turned and smiled at the spot he was sitting on for few seconds. "Meri khamoshi padhne wale ko, ab mere dard ka bhi andaza nahi raha." and she tasted the salty water that spilled from her eyes, with that once again her eyes were back on the road, looking at the old couples crossing the road with hand in hand.

"Lost in thoughts again?" A voice appeared behind her and she knew who it belonged to.

Zoya sighed and shifted to face her lovely sister. Ever since the dead of Mahi, Zoya had trouble in sleeping alone. She kept on having dreams about the last time she had spoken to Mahi under her roof.

"Zoya, it's been months now, come out of her death, it is not your fault she died." She felt noor's hand resting on her back and she leaned more to her comfort.

"I know. " Zoya looked at Mahi sadly and rested her head above Noor.

After Mahi's death it was impossible for Zoya to stay in the old house. She had to move away from the spot for mental peace, Police made a frequent trip to her house, which left neighbour suspicious about everything she did. She needed another responsible citizen to take Aditya's guarantee. She never thought, in her wildest dream, that Rajveer would be the guarantor and take Aditya's custody. But it happened, and she could never stop being thankful to him. Noor chose a right man, she felt proud of her Sister's choice. After shifting to another apartment which is comparatively close to Noor and Rajeev's home, Noor visited her whenever she was free.

She knew Rajeev was polite to Aditya, but she was also aware of the wound that her husband had caused will take a long time to heal. He didn't like Aditya, but he did nothing to harm him in any form on contrary he only helped him, made her thankful to him.

"Rajeev is not home, I guess!" Noor gave a wry smile and dismissed any further discussion.

"What will you have for dinner?" Noor flickered her eyes from the untouch bed to zoya. A well-known look passed through her eyes as she changed the subject.

"I have not decided yet." zoya saw noor setting the scattered stuffs neatly, and she jumps in to help her.

"Okay, then let me decide for you both today." after a few seconds she added " Chinese??" with a ghostly grin.

"Noor." Zoya almost immediately groaned as the last entire week all she was eating was Chinese. Thanks to her sister for love for the cuisine.

Zoya and noor stepped out of the room and into the kitchen. They found Aditya silently admiring one of their marriage photo. "Any Improvement?" Noor gently tapped on her arm.

"Not Much." zoya sighed and began preparing dinner with noor.

Later, the dinner was a quiet affair. Once they finished eating , Noor helped Zoya in doing the dishes.

"I am assuming Rajveer won't return home tonite?" Zoya felt an awkward silence in Noor as a response.

"Is everything good between you two?" she asked noticing how the noise of dishes have stopped.