chapter 14

The next day, she woke up with a back pain due to resting for more than 1 day on bed. Her body demanded certain movement. Zoya heard the soft snoring of Aditya and smiled at his sleeping form. As she is about to get up she heard her stomach growl from hunger. She looked back at Aditya who seems to be sleeping peacefully. He looked tired. Her heart broke as she noticed the bags that have formed under his eyes. Zoya sighed while getting up and walked towards kitchen. She already missed her kitchen. The first step she took made her nose scrunch. Her kitchen looked like a mess for now. She rolled her eyes at the bread and vegetables that had got spoiled due to keeping out for a long. "offo! My dear husband... Careless as always." She snapped on the mess. Zoya began throwing all spoiled food in dustbin then cleaned up the kitchen and kept a pan on the gas while she lit the lighter.
" Alu ka paratha." She clapped her hands excitingly knowing very well how much he loves paratha. She loved to make his favorite dish, it kind of brought her another level happiness and satisfaction. After she was done cooking, she turned off the gas and began preparing morning drink for aditya. She quickly set two plates on tray with a glass of morning drink and decided to wake him up so he could eat. She knew very well Aditya had not ate anything properly since yesterday. She felt herself being worried about his health.
Opening the door to their bedroom she walked towards him and saw that he is still sleeping. She kept the tray on the nightstand and sat on the edge of the bed, smiling at his sleeping form while she waited for him to wake up. Aditya to her was like her dua answered by Allah! She wanted him to be the happiest man alive on earth, he deserved it. She replayed how aditya always stood by her and her family no matter how much he hated her father. He never left them alone. He took all the pain and smiled for her so that she could be happy. Subconsciously her hands reached to his hands and she began massaging her hand lightly with her finger. It was sudden when Aditya's eyes began roaming left to right even when they were shut and then his breathe began to turn uneven. He was having nightmare. She quickly sat near his head and began straightening his creases lines formed on his forehead.
It took a while before Aditya calmed down and she smiled with relief. As soon as she withdraws her hand, aditya's eyes flew open and he caught her wrist and sat up. "Are you okay?" He asked, concern flowing through his voice.
"Much better with you." She smiled and eyes at the breakfast. Zoya then slowly pulled her wrist and got the tray for him. Aditya smiled like a kid while he happily shared the paratha's with his wife. Her heart fluttered with love as she watched aditya eating what she cooked for him. It was her everyday jobs but still moments like this always made her feel special and warmth.

Later, the day passed in blurred and in bedroom, where she was forced to rest for the entire afternoon. Aditya had gone out for some urgent office work while she had nothing to do but to sit in front if an idiot box and watch some unfamiliar dramas. She flicked on channels to channels until she heard her favorite poem being recited by a little girl.

"Kagaz ke Nikle Sare...
Ud gaye hai jane kaha re.. Wo jo pal sirf mere the.."

.....

"Aise badla ye manzar ...
Kuch toot gaya mere ander bin ahat ke..."
She stopped singing when she felt his presence in the dark. Shaking, she managed to glance back to see the face of the man who is responsible for her misery. But it was too dark to see anything. Zoya could feel his steps towards her and she freeze.
"Turn around." He ordered and she did as asked. Now her back was to him. She felt his hands moving into his pocket and a black cloth appearing out of it. She shut her eyes and he tied the cloth on her eyes.
"Did Abu give you the money? When I am going home?" She asked softly.
There was no response from him. She almost felt she is alone in the room once again until he pulled her to him and sat on floor with his back rested on wall and her back resting on his chest.
"I want to know-" she stopped in middle when she felt his hands moving to places where only her husband is allowed to touch when she gets married. She felt him dropping open kisses on her neck and shoulder. It was painful and it was rough. He didn't intend to make it enjoyable for her. He just wanted to satisfy himself. But as long as her sister is safe and family is happy she was ready to bear the pain. It was not long when she felt him enjoying the roughness and felt disgusted. In few days he made her feel like a cheap prostitute who is taken again and again with no say in it.
When he finished he yanked her hair so that she is forced to look at him in dark.