Chapter 20

"Isn't she the one you were chasing that day?" the policeman glanced at her and smiled. She looked at him confused, maybe he was taking her for another woman. She then laughed and nods in no and then looked back at her husband. What surprised her was, Aditya face has turned white as if he has seen some ghost. That was when reality stirred in her. She looked shocked and decided to wait till she understands completely.

"Are Romeo! Have you forgotten our meeting few months back?' He then turned at zoya, " Beta you are lucky that I was on duty that day or else your story would have been finished on the same day itself." He laughed heartily. Aditya tried to hold her hand while she snatched it back. He then looked at her scared while she stared back with wide eyes; confusion and distrust were dominating emotions in them.

"Zoya..." He breathed out. He was hurt she could feel it but then she was upset too.

As if the policeman noticed he had created a blunder with his entrance, he marched back to his van after a brief bye to Aditya. As soon as the Van was out of sight, Aditya quickly brought all his attention to his wife. She was staring at him, her eyes didn't blink even once but he was sure there were hundred thoughts that were running through them.

"I ...I think he mis...stook us for someone else." His eyes were low and he faked laughing.

When he noticed that she didn't move from her earlier position he once again tried to hold her. Her eyes traced his hands movement and just when he is about to touch she moved away.

"Zoya, No..No...it's not what you are thinking!"

She stumbled back in shock as she watched his face with an unknown fear. She was about to give him a surprise about massorrriee not being new for her. She had already come here with her father many times.

She shook her head as tears threatened to leave her eyes.

"When...-"she breathed hard. She could feel her legs shivering beneath her.

Aditya glanced at her confused, " Zoya.." as he took a step towards her she moved away again, then she waited for a while before walked away in the direction of hotel. He saw her walking away with a sigh.

The sky roared in disappointment and shredded tears, resembling his very situation. He stood there without making any attempt to move or seek protection. He allowed letting himself drench in the rain. His eyes began to let the warm water spill of them and he squeezed them more welcoming the pain in his heart. He smiled as his heart took him to the memory lane that changed everything...

The rain poured down roughly. It was a cold and gloomy day. The sun was hidden and all that was visible were the dark clouds in the sky.

It was an odd day for Aditya, He didn't like rain as it always reminded of her mother. She loved it. But today, for unknown reason he really enjoyed the little droplets that were falling on his window. It was beautiful sight to him. He looked behind him and saw his roommate watching him with a pleasant smile, " Hey Adi." he picked up a basketball and aimed it his way. Aditya easily caught it and threw back at him.

"Hi." Adi whispered back.

"Why do you like rain so much?" he asked as he found aditya eyes once again trailing the path of the droplets.

"It reminds me that I am alive." He replied and opened the window. The cool drops slowly entered the room and wetted his cheeks.

He really felt connected with the rain. He wanted the emptiness that he holds inside should get washed away by its touch.

It was no longer when he got last warning from the principal for not paying the fees. He had asked Dadi to help him and she had promised that she will arrange it, but it seems like she has failed in her commitments. Principal had informed him that if he didn't pay fee latest by this week , he will be declared defaulter and perhaps will be expelled from college. Aditya was heartbroken. He really missed his parents. If they had been alive today, reality would have been different altogether. His hands reach his chest where his heart beats, as if that would stop the pain. His eyes burn as a single tear rolls down on his cheeks and yet he manages to give a smile to his own reflection on the glass window. All his life aditya was sent away from his family, relatives. He had spends all his life without experience love and care of the family. All he knows his parents loved him and gave up their life to save him.