chapter 4

She fluttered eyelids several times, struggling to clear her vision. The radiant sliding through her closed lids caused her face to scrunch up. She felt vulnerable and heavy. It took her some time before adapting to the light in her surrounding. She was in her room. A gentle snore next to her caught her attention. She twisted her head lightly to discover her husband sleeping with his rear propped on the headboard. He looked drained. She could spot the dry stain of tears traces on his cheeks. He was yet in his office clothes. She tried to move her hand, but they were in a delicate grip of his. She barely remembers about the last event. She might have panicked and fainted. And glancing at Aditya, she was sure Noor might have called him and he got rushing back home. Ya Allah! How much troubled she has created to them. She squeezed her eyes and tears roll down to her ears. Her soft cries reached his heart and his eyes open to see the love of his life.
"Zoya, why are you crying?" He drew a finger below her eyes and wiped the tears.
"Are you hurt? Are you in pain?" Aditya checked Zoya for anything that caused her discomfort.
His fingers brushed her forehead while his other palm still supported her palm in his hold. His eyes were moist, which made him sad too. She moved his palm to her lips and pecked it.
"I am all right, Aditya,"
He smiled through tears and used his other hand to caress her cheek.
"You scared me, Biwi" Zoya chuckled and caught her ears by her fingers "Sorry"
Aditya nods in no and parted her hands away from her ears. He drops and kissed her forehead.
"Where is Noor?" Zoya asked noticing she is not in the room.
"I send her back. Sasur Ji would be crazy if he discovered about her visit here. I don't prefer her to be in the trouble." Zoya nods her head in consent.
Aditya brushed her forehead "You want something" he inquired, watching her struggle to search for something.
"What is the time?"
"It's morning." He stated.
Her eyes expand. She was out for almost a day. No doubt Aditya looks so weak. He must be hungry. Zoya tries to get up but Aditya made her lay down again.
"Where are you going?" He demanded.

"Kitchen. You must be hungry." She sounded disturbed.
"Nope. I am not. You want to eat something, I will bring it for you." she required rest, and he was not ready to let her move a finger today. He was determined to take care of her entire day. He had already talked with his seniors for a day off.
"I am not, " she said genuinely. She somehow didn't feel hungry. Her eyes were yet heavy and needed rest.

"Sure." He yawns.
Zoya nods and frees her arms for him. He beams and slides down beside her until his head rested on her chest. Zoya brushed her hands in his hair while he kept a hand on her waist lightly. After a few minutes, she again heard his soft snore. A smile crept on her face. Zoya dropped a kiss on his forehead and welcomed the exhaustion.

....

"Zoya I will be late" Aditya screamed as he struggled with the tie.
Zoya huffed in annoyance at her husband's childishness.
"Coming" she shouted back.
She took the tie in her hand and began making a knot. Aditya's eyes fix on her face as she did so. He looked so vulnerable to their proximity. He really loved his wife, and she knew that.
"Done." She declared. Aditya looked at her in disappointment.

"So fast."She acknowledges and strolls back to the kitchen. She started serving breakfast on a plate.
"Aditya?" She called and speedily he came out of the room struggling with his boots.
She shakes her head in no and slapped her palm to her forehead.
"Yea Allah, Aditya! What are you? Even a small child can take care of himself better than you." She complained.
"Hey don't compare me with a child. You know I can do things which a child can not-"
"Shhh" she shuts his mouth with her hand and he pecked on it.

"Why I need to take care of myself when I have you Biwi." He smirks.

"And what if I die? Will you come to heaven to trouble me?" Zoya didn't even realize what she spoke it until she saw Aditya has dropped his spoon on the plate and he is no longer eating.
"So-sorry" she placed a hand on his shoulder.
He was taking a lengthy breath as if holding his emotions and when her hands reached his shoulder; he angled himself on a chair and hugged her stomach.
"That won't ever happen. I won't let anything happen to you, ever. I will fight with all God if I have too to keep you with me. We will be always together, Zoya. No matter what!" She sensed something wet on her tummy and understood it was his tears. The incident still disturbs him,. She felt bad to make him cry again.
"I am not leaving you, Pati. Even if you wish to get rid of me, I won't. Because I know No one can handle a child like you as I do. You drive me to perform a dual job, tame you as a spouse and spoil you like a mother." She moved his face between her hands and made him face her. She wipes his tears with her dupatta.
"Tame me?!" Aditya laughed cockily between his tears.
"Should I show you who tames whom on the bed. " Zoya nods her head in no and flies in the other room locking herself.
"No Adi. Go to office! Are you not running late now?" She exclaimed from her room.
"Come out." He ordered.
"No" she giggled
She picked up the lock of the main gate and thought; he has left. She falls straight into the trap as the minute she opens he takes her in his arms and kissed her, cornering her against the wall.
......

It's been a few days since she has met Noor. She needed to talk to her and inquire her what she knew or how much she knows about her past.
Her hands shivers as she holds a few deep breaths before dialing Noor number.
"Hello"

"Zoya?" It was not Noor but her mom on another side.

"Ammi, how are you?" She pleaded, clinging to the phone tight on her ears, containing her tears.

"Zoya I am fine my child. How are you?" Roshan sounds worried?

"I am Fine ammi." She replied warmly."Ammi, Noor.." Her voice drained out all colors. She felt intimidated to bring this subject again.

"She knows it, Zoya. She knows everything"

Zoya's heart sank, and she glides her back and sat on the floor.
"Please, Ammi asks her to not tell Aditya.," she sobbed harder.

"She won't, Zoya. She took our promise she won't spill a word." Roshan assured her.

"Ammi. I have something to be taken care of. I will call you back." She stammered.
Roshan hummed and disconnected the phone. She turned around and passed the cell phone back to Noor.
Noor took the phone and hugged her mother. She let out all helplessness through tears.

The icy floor did not disturb her anymore. She doesn't recall how long she was sitting there. Her tears have dried her. After what sounded like an eternity, Zoya finally got up and moved to her bedroom.

"Nooooo" she screamed as 3 men started dragging her into the unlit room.
She kicked her legs randomly to help herself, but all her attempts were in vain. It was  dark, and they had her blindfolded.
One of them advanced on her and started nibbling her all over her collar. Other found his place near her thigh, and the 3rd one leaned to peck her on her mouth. She struggled more, begging them to not do this.
"Why are you rejecting our touches? We can satisfy you the same as him." One of them stated.
"Why to stop at one when we three can triple the fun," the one near her thighs laughed

"You can make a deal with him but not with us? Isn't it unfair," the one who smashed his lips against her snapped.

*Crack*
the flower pot near the window fell and shattered into several pieces.
Zoya jolts back to reality and fanatically looks around she was no more with the beasts. Her tears had formed fresh stock and poured freely.
She checks out the window and then the at her own reflection in the room.
Zoya raised her hand and took off the dupatta off her. Then she reached for the zip of her kameez and unchained it. She got rid of it too.
Zoya turned around so now her back facing the mirror she touched the now faded marks when once the gruesome marks of their teeth had on her skin. They are no longer there. But still she could sense it. She wept harder, replaying those memories. They took her, broke her and played with her. All because of the deal. A deal with him! She loathed the man with a zeal. She was torn, damaged, ragged doll. Aditya deserved a better life partner, not her. She was not perfect for anyone.
She collapsed on the floor bare and let the cold tiles make her body paralyzed.
She was crushed beyond repair......