Phase 2: Torn

"You are so beautiful."

Noor raised her eyes to look at Arjun through reflection of mirror. Her hair dripped water as she clutches her loosely wrapped towel around her. As soon as her eyes met his, he smiled. "You know what makes you more beautiful?" He stood up and came closer to her. He puts his hand on her slightly swollen belly. "This."

His eyes shimmer with thousands of emotions as he snuggles a little more in her warmth. Her eyes roams to the creased bed and then rests on him

"Rajveer." Her crimson red cheeks made it hard for her to form words. "You do remember you have to meet Api and jiju today right?" She tilts her head a little and rubs her cheeks on his arm as she drops a kiss there.

"Meeting? Which meeting?" Rajveer pretended to forget the appointment and instantly her moods drops. She comes out of his warmth and stood away glaring angrily at him with her hand on her waist.

"How can you forget such an important thing?" she complains receiving chuckle from him as he watches her intensely.

"I know, I know." He laughs softly. "How could I forget about this evening, I have been vigorously trained by you since a week now?" He brims pulling her back to hug.

"Rajveer, Api is everything for me and only she and jiju can help us to convince Abu. Please try your best to impress her" she says honestly looking in his eyes.

"I would not mess anything Noor. You are important to me and I can't afford to lose you." He pushed her long wavy hair to the side before kissing her cheeks.

Noor wakes up startled and find herself sitting on the chair with her head rested between her hands on the dining table. She must have slept out of exhaustion here. Her hand reflexed back on her cheek as she tries to rememorize the feelings of his lips there. Fresh stock of tears rolls down her eyes.

"Ya Allah, Why are you taking so many tests? Please Allah its enough, I have lost my dream, My baby. I can't even love and cry for the man who I loved beyond life now because he is the sole reason of my sister's destruction. I can't shred tears for him after knowing what sin he did. But then I can't stop my tears that involuntarily flow on mention of his name. I love him Allah. I still Love him. Please forgive me." She looked up to the ceiling and let the warm water slip through her chin and fall on the glass surface.

She got up and stands at the same place where Rajveer had stood once when she saw police dragging him away. She drowned in her own guilt. She should hate him but then he still owns a part of her heart. She tried to tame her emotions but all she left out with were tears and hollowness deep inside. It was like she replayed everything of that night when suddenly she found him mouthing something to her that almost sounds close to Aditya... She stressed herself and found nothing just Aditya's name. What rajveer is playing at now? The questions were many and only he had power to answer it all. She was upset with him and wanted to move away from his memory but how can she leave the important part of life without giving it a proper end. Deciding and determining to break even the last end of thread with him she walked up to washbasin, splashed water on her face and then picking up her bag she walked out of house.

****

"Noor get up!" Waseem screamed as she holds her limp form in his arms. He eyes back at Roshnaq and then at Zoya. But she didn't woke up neither she twitched a finger.

Few minutes back, Zoya and Noor were playing in the car when Noor began to pull the doll from zoya. Zoya being the elder and pampered one didn't like her sister's act and tried to snatch her doll again.

Roshnaq turned her head from the front seat towards them as she warn them to not fight but these two were lost in the world of their own. It was so sudden when Zoya pulled the doll with such an extreme force that it made Noor out of balance and she fell in the car itself while the doll flew at a height where it touched the inner roof of the car and then hit waseem right on head. If it was any soft doll it wouldn't have hurt him but it was the Barbie one which has pointed shoes and figures. Waseem was not prepared for it, he had his focus on road when the doll caused him pain and for a micro second his hand left the steering to hold his head.