Dinner to remember (Part 1)

She sighed. "It's a long story. I need lots of energy to narrate it to you." She smiled weakly but I knew that we were going to discuss an extremely sensitive topic and I appreciated her effort to keep me at ease …

We ordered food and ate it in silence … it wasn't an uncomfortable silence … but it felt heavy.

“What next?” She looked up, placing her spoon down..

“What do you want to have?”

“Do you need to ask?”

I laughed and ordered double-scoop chocolate ice cream for her. She would die for chocolate.

“I’m impressed Hubby, you are getting to know me pretty well!”

“Who doesn’t love chocolate?” I mimicked her signature statement.

“I don't sound like that!” She pouted. “But seriously; WHO DOESN’T LOVE CHOCOLATE?”

“Sorry to disappoint you … but there are quite a few people who don’t like chocolate …”

“They might be aliens.” she shrugged.

“No! They ARE humans.” (I love taunting her)

She glared at me … I prepared myself for a long lecture about ‘the GREATNESS of Chocolate’ … but my hopes were in vain.

Her anger dissipated as ‘HER LOVE’ appeared in front of her on the table. And for the next 15 minutes I became a mute spectator of her indulgence in ‘a mouth-watering love making with chocolate ice cream’.

“Where to now?” She asked, getting up from her seat.

“Movie?"

She nodded her head excitedly.

##################################

I am happy to announce that I am still alive!!!!

Hurray!!!

Life is so precious.... treating COVID positive patients has made me realise how each breath is a blessing.....

Anyways.. If you want to kill me for the delayed and extremely short update, I totally understand.... But I don't want to die so soon ... so please have mercy and stay safe and happy.