Friend

After he left, Paaru turned to me, and I sensed the impending danger.
{She is going to kill me with questions.}

“Ahem … so … shall we start?”
She raised an eyebrow.

I raised my arms in surrender and slumped on the couch. She settled beside me, with Ganesh in her lap.

I picked the sleeping baby and started stroking his soft little head.

“Don’t try to divert the topic Hari. You can play with Ganesh later. He is asleep now, anyways.”

“Where is the Paaru who supports Hari? Who are you? Oh, my god! You are impersonating my dear friend. Where is she?”
I said dramatically and she slapped my shoulder. We started laughing.

{It has been ages since we laughed like that. After the birth of Ganesh, she became a busy mom and we met less often. But still the bond between us never loosened.}

“I am your Paaru. But don’t expect me to support your every silly act. Those days are gone and I now understand very well, the difficulties faced by a wife. So, I will be helping your Siri. Or should I say, I may have to protect her from you?” She smirked evilly and punched my chest.

{I must admit that it was a hard blow. But I was used to her.}

“You know what? I think Shiva should be given noble peace prize, for successfully leading a life with you.”

“You have not changed much Hari.”

“You too haven’t Paaru.” We stared at each other for a few moments.

“Hari …” A feeble voice came from my room.

I rushed in to find Siri awake. The moment she saw me, her eyes lit up. {I don’t know why but it felt good.}

“I thought you … would go to office. Thanks for staying.”

“Only thanks? He deserves more! He almost drove the life out of us, to reduce your fever.”
Paaru said, as she entered the room with Ganesh in her arms.

Siri’s expression immediately changed. She looked at me with fear, suspicion and shock.

“Siri! She is Paaru. My best friend since childhood. She is like a younger sister to me.”

“Oy! We both are of same age. How dare you call me younger sister?”

“I don’t care. You are my little sister and that is final.”

“You are so adamant. Siri, How did you even agree to marry such an irritating person?”

Siri smiled. I glared at Paaru. {Great now. Siri already loves me too much Paaru. You need not try to make her love me more. (Note the sarcasm)}

“No … actually he is a very nice person.”

“What?” both Paaru and Me shouted at the same time.

Ganesh woke up startled and started crying. I started swinging him gently in my arms and he smiled at me. {He really loves his Hari uncle. He is one sweetheart.}
I noticed Siri staring at me, while I played with Ganesh. But before I could react, she composed herself and spoke.

“Why did you people shout? Did I say anything wrong?”

#########################

Sorry for making you guys wait for long... I got slightly busy with life.
I can't promise quick updates ... But will definitely try my best not to make you wait for long.

Keep smiling and love life :)