Travel

Please do read the note at the end, after you enjoy the chapter.

“Bhoomi, I … was at the library during lunch break. So, I decided to have lunch here. At that moment, sir too entered ... But … there was grease on the floor …”
Siri stammered.

Bhoomi burst out laughing.

Now it was Siri’s turn to look shocked.

“Look at your face Siri! Is this the first time that you have seen a man this close? It was just a mistake, not a sin! Calm down!”

I tried hard to suppress a smirk. {This girl’s brain amuses me!
Oh well, you can’t blame her. Your wife maintains such a reputation at her college.
Hmm … maybe.}
I was about to leave, when Siri blurted out.

“Lunch!”

I cocked my head and raised an eyebrow.

“I … mean … Sir, would you like to join us for lunch, we would like to discuss our project with you … if you don’t mind …”

“Yes! Sir! Please!” Bhoomi added.

“I will go get something to eat.” I smiled and headed to the food counter. We spent the rest of the evening discussing about their project. By the time we decided to head home, it was already beyond college working hours and the campus looked deserted. Bhoomi glanced at her phone and gasped.

“Crap! It is so late! And I have 20 missed calls from home.” She began to panic.

“Calm down Bhoomi! Just call them back and inform them.” Siri tried to calm her down.

Bhoomi called her parents … “No! … I am fine … Sorry! I said Sorry! Bus … I will be safe. But … Who will drop me? I …” She cut the call with a huff. We looked at her in pity.

“Ok! I need to go …” She started. “Where do you live? I will drop you.” I interrupted her.

“No sir! I will catch a taxi.” Her face flushed with embarrassment.

“It is not safe. And I must admit that I am partially responsible for the delay. So please don’t make me feel guilty.” I made it sound like a command and it worked. She told me the address to her hostel and we walked towards my car. Siri followed us silently. I opened the back door of the car and Bhoomi entered. I then turned to Siri. “Are you coming or no?”

“No. I can go by bus.” She answered. I rubbed my temples and sighed. “Don’t be so stubborn. We live in the same locality and it wouldn’t cost me more to have one more person in my car. I can’t let you girls be all alone at this hour of night.”

“Please Siri!” Bhoomi pleaded. Siri finally obliged, taking a seat near Bhoomi. I started the car and drove to the direction Bhoomi pointed. For a while there was silence. Then I heard light snores. I looked through the rear-view mirror to find Bhoomi asleep, leaning on Siri’s shoulder.

“You know the way to her hostel?” I asked Siri and she nodded. And then she started directing me. In no time, we reached her hostel. Siri woke Bhoomi.

“5-mins” Bhoomi groaned sleepily, hugging Siri tighter. I couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.

Seconds later, Bhoomi was wide awake, blinking at me. Then she blushed. “I am sorry sir …” She looked too embarrassed to speak.

“Don’t worry. I can see how tired you are. But yes, before napping again, don’t forget to call you parents. Happy weekend.” I waved. Siri just smiled at Bhoomi.

“Umm … thank you and good night.” Bhoomi waved at us and started walking away. Few steps later, she turned back, sprinted towards us and pulled Siri into a tight hug. And then, before I could realise what was happening, she hugged me too.

As soon as she hugged, she broke it and ran towards the hostel. I heard a cough beside me, which brought me out of shock. “Shall we leave?” Siri asked with a straight face. I nodded. Before I could pull out the door for her, she was seated in the seat at the front. I got into driver’s seat and began driving. The drive was silent.

##################################

A very short chapter?

I know ....
And I apologise too ...

But guys, just yesterday I had my internals (In which I have performed horribly) that made me realise one thing ... if I don't start concentrating on studies now, I am going to put my career at stake.

As of now, my health has already led to the wastage of half a year.

My intention is not to rattle about my problems ... I just wanted to justify for the delay in updates .... And also for the short chapters.

Anyways ... There's something I want to inform you so please pay attention.

By the mid of April, I am going to update the next chapter of Parinayanantaram (which I'll try to make long ... Hopefully) and then I'll be going into hibernation mode.

What I mean to say is that ... Untill November ... i.e untill I finish my exams .... I won't be able to update any of my stories or books.

And for that, I would like to apologise in advance.

But mid-November onwards, I promise regular updates. Also, I'll try to complete this story by the end of this year. I don't want to stretch it much further.

From 2020 onwards I hope to work on the other incomplete stories of mine along with many new stories.

So if you like my story, please don't give up. I will be back soon.

Meanwhile, you can check out other stories of mine and also many other amazing works of other authors on Wattpad. Hope you have fun.