Hell?

{Stop her!}
But my body lost co-ordination with my mind.
{WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?}

“Hari! So here you are. We have been searching for you. If you can please excuse us madam; I need to take him with me.” It was a familiar voice.

Shiva, who approached me; threw a disgusted look at her. She made a face and walked away, muttering something.

“Come Hari!”

He grabbed my arm and I … um … felt … GOOD. I was glad to see him there. {Oh shit! What is happening to you, Hari?}

I looked at my car.

“I will make arrangements so that it reaches your home. Now you are coming with me. It is not safe for you to drive.”

He started pulling me with him, and I felt like I was a feather. I felt light and cheerful suddenly. He made me sit in his car and I tried to buckle my seat belt. {But why is it doubling itself?}

He let out a frustrated sigh and fastened it for me. The drive was silent. I felt like singing. So I turned on the radio and started singing along. He looked at me with concern and I gave him a sheepish grin.

I don’t know when and how and where I reached. But I saw Paaru opening a door.

“Hari … Worried … Where …” {Why is she not speaking properly? Is she drunk?}

My brain was swimming in a pool by now and my heart was enjoying the roller coaster ride. My eyes were seeing stars and disco lights. I giggled as I felt euphoric.

“He … intoxicated …” said Shiva and I giggled again.
{Looks like everyone is drunk!}

I swaggered and slumped onto the couch nearby, throwing aside my shirt. I was feeling hot and stuffy. My eyelids became heavy and before I slipped into something like sleep, I heard Shiva’s voice “Siri … worry … safe …” {Siri! That word made my heart skip a beat} I smiled before entering a dark world.

{Why is my head bursting?}
I opened my eyes.
{Wait! does hell look like my house? I am dead right? Where am I?}

“AAAAAH” I screamed as I felt a throbbing in my head. I could see a female running towards me with a glass of water and a strip of tablets.
{Do they give medicines in hell? And are there beautiful females in hell?}

I closed my eyes tight when my brain burst out of my skull.
“Bye! Bye world! Bye Siri! I am sorry I could not be a good husband.” I muttered, as each word brought more pain to me, if that is even possible. I heard a sob. But I did not care.

A cool and soothing hand touched my lips and I parted them. A bitter tablet touched my tongue and then water rushed into my throat. I fell back on the bed, and a cool hand rested on my bare chest. A tingling sensation ran through my numb and sore body. And I drifted to another life.

This is my Afterlife!

I opened my eyes slowly. {Wait! This is not hell. It is my house!} The pain has considerably reduced. But I still felt miserable.

“He is awake.” I shrill familiar voice pierced my ears.

“Shh … don’t be so loud. He cannot take it.” A soft masculine voice commanded. Then there was silence.

Slowly my eyes got adjusted to the environment. I saw three familiar faces observing me intently. {What! Am I some rat in a lab? Or am I some alien?} “Hello” I managed to say, but my voice croaked.

“Hello? Is this what you say after getting us worried like hell?” Paaru pounced on me like a tigress, crushing my bones in her hug.

“Stop it Paaru. How many times should I tell you that he has still not recovered completely?”  Said Shiva, giving me a gentle hug.

“What happened to me? Any dreadful disease? Am I going to die?” I joked.

But I heard a gasp from beside me. Only then did I realise my sweet wife sitting beside me on the bed. I looked at her, managing a smile, but she ran out of the room, covering her mouth.

“What happened? Do I stink so bad that she felt nauseated? Or does she not bear to see my face?” I voiced out my frustration.

“Or maybe … She is pregnant …” Shiva winked.

“What?????” I stared at Shiva in disbelief.

“Shut up!” Paaru slapped his shoulder and gave the both of us a disgusted look before leaving the room.

************************************

Hello friends!
Surprised by an early update? Well ... Not exactly very early ... But still ... Whatever!

Anyways! I wanted to thank you all for reading my stories ... Feels like I am at the top of the world when I read your comments. :D
Coming to the point ... I might be busy tomorrow ... Hence an update today.

And I know once a week might seem looooong ... Especially if I am evil enough to pause with a cliffhanger.
But I am confident that my friends can understand that I have lots to deal with ;-) (I might be exaggerating a bit ... But not totally!). So ... Just keep smiling and love life!