Innocent

{Hey! Can anyone smell something burning? I have a feeling it could be …}

I looked at Siri, who was now literally fuming. {Yup. I was right. It is my wife.}

“Time for your answers Siri.” Bhoomi demanded.

Siri shivered and licked her lips nervously.

There was deadly silence again. Only then did I realise that the ticking of clock could also be a cause for heart attacks.
{Oh God! She cannot reveal her marital status. Now what will Siri tell her friend?
Congratulations tube-light! Glowing brilliantly today.
Shut up.}

At the same time, I was excited to see how she would handle the situation.

My eyes got glued to Siri, who unfortunately for me, was looking sexily nervous. {Those thoughts in this a situation?
Just shut up.}

“I … umm …” Siri finally opened her mouth after ages.

Bhoomi suddenly started laughing maniacally.
{What is wrong with her?}

After her mysterious laughter episode, (which was enough to make our hearts race) she finally enlightened us. “I did not know that you were such a thief. So is this what you were doing with the excuse of ‘going to study in library’? Here I was, planning for days, to get his address. If you already got it, why did you not tell me? Were you so desperate to meet him?”

“Huh?” Both of us said together.

Bhoomi giggled and turned towards me.

“Actually sir, the day, we met you in college, I suggested that we take your help for the project. She rejected that plan then. I thought I would convince her, once I get your address … But this little thief here, has already got it. She is so STUDIOUS! Have you forgotten about your friend Siri? Did you want all the good grades just for yourself?”
She dramatically rolled her eyes and pouted.

While I let out of sigh of relief, Siri rushed to her, pulled her into a hug and kissed her cheek. {What? One moment, she looked like she was going to murder her friend; next moment she is kissing her. I will never understand women.}

But what I really felt a problem was that, whether to laugh at Bhoomi’s conclusions, or to feel pity for her hasty conclusions. She is too innocent.

Finally, when they broke the hug, Siri spoke. “Actually, I … wanted to make sure that this person is safe to deal with, before allowing you to meet him. You are very naïve and innocent. I don’t want any danger to approach you.” She pointed towards me.

{EXCUSE ME! If it would have been anyone else to speak like this about me, I would have made sure that they would experience hell.
But you don’t want to do that to her. Why?
I don’t know. I am not getting angry. I actually find her even more adorable. What is happening to me? Why am I losing my self-respect for this girl?
Haha! You have already lost yourself for her. Why speak about self-respect? This is called LOVE, my boy!
Ugh! Will you please shut up? I need to plan ways to punish her for this disrespect.
And what can you do? I bet you cannot even scold her properly.
Shut up.}

“Shh… you are being very rude. He is a very respectable and decent person. There could be no one as kind-hearted and good natured as him.” Bhoomi nudged Siri, passing an apology to me with her eyes.

{Right girl. Please put some sense into your friend’s brain and teach her how to respect her husband.
Oh! Someone is desperate to earn respect from their wife.
Stop mocking me. Or else I would murder you.
In that case, it should be called a suicide. Not a murder.
Never had I thought that this pathetic little creature would be me.
Praise the lord! My son. Praise the lord.}

I mentally rolled my eyes and passed a weak smile to Bhoomi as a response.

{This girl knows manners. Unlike my sweet wife.
Sweet? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
SHUT UP!}

“Oh! And who gave you his Bio data and conduct certificate?” Siri mocked. {Was it jealousy in her voice?
Yes my friend! Time to celebrate.
Now if you don’t disappear in a second, I might break everything available.
Ok! Sorry. But I was supporting you friend.
I don’t need it. Get lost. You have irritated me enough for the day.}

“Our college!” Bhoomi answered. I couldn’t control my laughter anymore.

Both turned to me and I smiled. “What would you like to have? Please take your seats.”

“Err… actually sir, please don’t take trouble, we just came for your help.” Bhoomi spoke nervously, settling in the couch.

################################

:) How are y'all?
Doing well?
Hope you like the chapter.