Glaring tomatoes for lunch

“So … as I was saying, why don’t we try being nice to each other, for a change?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, let us not fight. We will behave like a couple in love. Only for this week, please bear with me. At least in front of my parents. After that, I won’t be here to irritate you, for two weeks. You can live happily, without seeing my ugly face. Deal?”

Suddenly, her eyes filled with tears.

{Why is she crying now? I haven’t scolded her! These women! We simply cannot understand when they cry and why? But I didn’t want to go through an episode of consoling her. Enough of it!}

“As much as both of us like this position, I think my parents are waiting outside for lunch.”

The moment she understood my words, her face glowed red.
{Which I loved to watch.}

“Don’t try to use your charms on me. I won’t fall for you so easily.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at her arrogance. She cannot resist me. That I could make out the moment she first saw me during marriage. But she is still putting up a strong fight. That is what attracts me to her.

“I have not even thought of it, my dear wife! But now that you have mentioned it, I must give it a try. And I bet you will not be able to resist me, if I really use my charms on you.”

“Think what you want. I am not that weak, like your other GIRL-friends.”

“Do you mean Paaru?”

“No … not Paaru. She is a very good person.”

“Then which other GIRL-friends do I have?”

“Paaru is your GIRL-friend?”

“Well … She is a Girl who is my friend! To be more precise, a woman who is my friend.”

“No… I didn’t mean that way. Paaru is like your sister right?”

“Yes, she is my sister. But which other way did you mean?”

{I was glad internally that she liked Paaru. Paaru will be there for her, in case she needs any person to share her worries. Moreover, I won’t be with her for a long time. Why am I feeling sad? This is my dream project. I should be happy, right?}

“Uh … umm … don’t act innocent. I know that you know what I mean.”

“Wait. Tell it all over again. I did not understand.”

She glared at me and got up.

{I should not have irritated her so much. She might have stayed longer.}

I sighed and followed her to the kitchen, to find her arranging the dining table for lunch. My parents joined us soon. We started having our lunch.

“I must say Siri! You cook very well.”
Said mom.

“But not as good as you, mom! I missed the food cooked by you.” I pouted.

Mom pulled my cheek.
“Ok dear! This week, I will cook for you.”

I side hugged my mom and continued eating.

“Hari! What is that red mark on your shirt?” My dad asked suddenly.

“Are you hurt Hari?” My concerned mother asked.

I looked at the red mark and immediately my eyes flew to the forehead of Siri. As if getting the clue, Siri's hand flew to the vermilion on  her forehead. A smirk formed on my lips. Dad saw us and started laughing.

“You remember, Rekha? Immediately after our marriage too, something similar happened …”

“Enough, no one is interested to know about that. For God’s sake, our son is already married and you … talking about our marriage.” My blushing mother interrupted.

“Ah … those golden days won’t be back.” My father sighed in nostalgia.

My eyes suddenly found a glaring tomato.
{Wait… tomatoes don’t glare. But … oh … it is my wife.}
I laughed at my own thought, making everyone stare at me.

“Nothing… sorry, remembered something.”

Everyone except, my nervous wife resumed eating. Siri was biting her lower lips instead. I stared at her lips for a moment, and then quickly averted my gaze.

{She looked cute when she did that!}

I ate my food silently, which, suddenly became tasteless.

{Ugh! Now why is this happening? I have seriously been affected by this disease called marriage, where I am losing my senses, peace of mind and of course, self-control. But no use of blaming her now. I put myself into this torture.}

I finished my food soon and took out my laptop. My parents too went to their room. After cleaning up the table, Siri came into my … sorry … our room. I observed her, as she started arranging stuff. Her long black hair plaited neatly, looked like a snake that danced on her hips, as she moved; threatening to bite me, if I approach her.

{Was I really imagining too much or did it hiss? No … no … the effect of intoxication might not have left my brain yet!}

I looked back at my laptop screen, but the letters seemed to dance. I was too disturbed to concentrate on my work. So I shut it down with a sigh of frustration. She turned back at once. Her long eyelashes looked like whips that can slash my skin. Her long nose was sharp enough to cut me. Her eyebrows were a bow that shot arrows of her glare.

{Is she is a woman or a warzone? But I was still attracted to her, like she was a magnet and I was a piece of iron. Oh god! …}

################################

Namaste!

Hope you people haven't forgotten me or my story. Even if you did ... Can't blame you. I had been busy for too long. And doesn't seem to go easy on me any soon.

Do you know how it feels; when nothing is under control or when life becomes too tough to live? Or you just want the days to all pass by and to instantly reach that ONE DAY OF HOPE?

Well; Hari and myself are in a similar state now.

Just hoping for a good day. For him, it's the day Siri would accept his love and love him back.

For me .... Let's not get into my personal life.

Anyways; how was this chapter. It might not be worth the long wait. But I hope the coming chapters won't disappoint you.

I will try to update soon from now on. Hopefully I will get some time for writing, now that my exams are over.

So ... Until next chapter and always ... Stay happy.