Surprised!

I took a quick shower and unpacked my luggage.

By the time I was done, I noticed that Siri would be back from college in half-an-hour.
{If she is not ready to surprise you, why don’t you do it instead?
Well; she has already surprised me by disrespecting me.
Why do you think like that?
What else am I supposed to think? I had not expected anything but a bit of love from her. But she …
Why do you expect love? You love her. That doesn’t have to imply she loves you back. Love is all about being selfless.
Please …  please … I am in no mood to listen to your lecture about love and all. Just stop irritating me and tell me what I am supposed to do.
Pick her up from college. Surprise her.
Are you sure?
Very much.
I don’t trust you. The last time I listened to you, I messed up everything. I messed my whole life by listening to you and marrying her.
You will not understand my importance now.
As if you have importance.
If I don’t, then why are you listening to me?
To get rid of your constant chatter in my head.
Whatever! … just do as I say.
If I don’t?
Then bear the consequences. I am the only one who can unite you and your wife. After that, it is your wish.
Ok! Fine! I give up. You win.}

I sighed, grabbing my car keys. In 20 mins, I was in front of her college. I was waiting near the gate. There were still 5 mins for students to come out. Meanwhile, I noticed the principal moving towards his car.

“Hello! Sir!” I wished him.

“Hari! What a pleasure to meet you! I must say, you had done a very good job. I felt proud that my student has achieved so much.”

“It is all because of your blessings, sir. Without my teachers’ and parents’ blessings; I would never have been in this position.”

“You are so modest Hari! By the way; we are planning to conduct the fest this year too, like every year. Would you mind to be the Chief guest for it?”

“It would be my honour, Sir!”

“Sorry for this informal invitation. I just wanted to know if you are ready for it. Our college prefects would approach you with the invitation in a few days. I have to attend an urgent meeting so if you would please excuse me …”

“Sure sir! My pleasure to attend the fest. Thank you!”

He waved at me and drove away. I waved back.

“HARIIII SIRRRR!!!!!!”

I turned around, shocked by the excited voice. I found Siri staring at me with a dangerous expression on her face.

{Hari! You seem to be in trouble.
Who's idea was it?
Someone spoke about surprising her. But it turned out to be ‘irritating her’!} I winced internally.

She opened her mouth to say something.

“I can’t believe this!”

It was that excited voice again. But was not hers.

That is when I noticed a girl beside her. She was almost jumping with excitement. I smiled at her. She was so bubbly, enthusiastic, cheerful, chubby, and loud.

{In other words, a total opposite of Siri!}

“Calm down Bhoomi! He is no alien. Just a normal human.” Siri whispered.

But I could hear her. Which means I could get hurt again. {How could she call her husband an alien in front of some other person? I wouldn’t have minded if she called me anything if we were alone. But now …}

Bhoomi slapped her shoulder and rolled her eyes. “You just shut up. You don’t know about him. Well, how would a nerd like you? He used to be the heart throb of every girl of this college, when he was a student. He is the smartest and hottest product of our college.” She tried to whisper, which unfortunately did not sound like one.

{Do girls talk like that about men?} A smirk formed on my face.

{However, those days were so enjoyable. I still cannot forget my college days, the best days of my life!}

“Nice to meet you Bhoomi! And Thanks for the wonderful introduction about me.” I smirked and she blushed profusely. I looked at Siri, who was almost fuming.

{Now what happened to her?}

################################

Liked the chapter?

Please do let me know.

And don't forget to enjoy life.

:)