What next?

I shook my head and asked her to continue explaining her plans to me.

As Siri was explaining, I realised one thing for sure. This woman loved what she was doing!

“Would you like to take up a job after your studies, Siri?”

“Ofcourse!” She answered with a ‘duh’ tone.

“Alright. But once you become pregnant, you must quit. I want our child to be nurtured well by a stay-at-home mum.”

When I didn’t hear a reply from her, I looked at Siri. Her head was bent. There was an eerie silence in the room … I could hear my own heart beat. That was when I sensed the approaching storm.

{Get ready for a blast! My dear Hari!
But why? I didn't say anything wrong.
It might not be wrong from your Point of view … but you just passed an order without finding out what she wants.
Just for your information … I didn't pass an order.
But it sounded like one.
Just shut up. Please!
I won't until you apologize to her. Alright… I'm sorry.
Tell that to her.}

" Siri? Are you alright? Why have you become silent suddenly?"

She looked up with teary eyes. " I thought you were different … but you are just like all the other men out there … You're pathetic!" With that, she stormed out of the room.

{Why the hell is she over-reating? If she has some other plans she should mention them calmly. I am fed up with her drama.}
Huffing like a bear, I dressed up and walked out of the house with my car keys.

Once in my car, I quickly sent a text to Siri [I'll be back by evening. Call me when you cool down] and drove off.

Waiting at a signal, I called Shiva. He picked the call after a couple of rings.

"I was just thinking of you, Hari! How are you?" His voice was so calming …

"I want to meet you Shiva … just had an argument with Siri. When will you be free?"

"Come over right now … Paaru's missing you a lot. We can have lunch together."

"Sure then. On my way." I cut the call and started the engine as the light glowed green. On reaching their home, I sent another text to Siri [At Paaru's home.] There was no reply for the previous message … neither a call. The thought gave me a stab in my heart … gulping, I hugged Ganesh.

While Paaru served the lunch, I realized how much I missed my best friend. {After marriage, my whole world rotated around Siri …} I glanced at my phone … no notifications. I sighed.

"Ganesh is sleepy … I'll get him to bed. Meanwhile, both of you talk about whatever is bothering Hari." Paaru winked at me and headed towards the bedroom with Ganesh in her arms.

"So Hari … what happened?"

I told Shiva everything that happened in the last two days. He nodded, patiently listening.

"She was all fine in the morning. I don't know what happened to her suddenly …"

"I don't think you are her problem Hari. I have a feeling that her absurd behaviour is related to her past … maybe related somehow to that person she mentioned yesterday night. Here's my advice … just try to find out the story of her friend … or whoever she is worried about."

"Will she tell me? She looked like she didn't want to tell me."

"She is opening up to you Hari. By what I've heard from you, I think she loves you … So she'll definitely tell you."

"Ok then … Enough about me … How's your life?" I was feeling lighter now.

"Great! Afterall; Paaru is by his side." Paaru interrupted as she entered the room.

"You are smart enough to understand that I too am suffering like all other married men; right Hari?" Shiva winked at me, expertly dodging the pillow that Paaru threw … without even a glance in her direction. As if he knew she'd do that.

"How predictable!" 

Paaru rolled her eyes and turned to me. "Hari! Siri just called."

My heart skipped a beat.

{What are you? A teenager?}

"She's worried about you and wants you home soon"

"Did she really say that?" I got excited for a fraction of second before Shiva stated the obvious.

"Nope! Paaru said it."

"Shut up Shiva! Only a woman can understand another woman."

Now it was our turn to roll eyes. "Anyways … I really feel that she misses you." Shiva assured.

"But then why didn't she call me up directly?" The ever-present doubt.

"Because you left her there at home all by herself. Next time if you come here without her by your side, I'll kick you out of my home."

I turned to Shiva with pleading eyes. "She's the Boss, Man!" Shiva raised his arms in surrender. I chuckled.

After hugging them both 'Goodbye', I started my car …

{It's a long journey ahead ...} I sighed.

################################

Hi guys! The story is about to come to an end ... Hence the short chapters ... Please don't mind.
Also, I hardly get time to write so I'm trying to keep my chapters short and (hopefully) sweet.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Have a nice day/night :)