What now?

I pulled her closer to me and she rested her head on my chest. My shirt got wet due to her tears, but I did not mind. For the first time, I did not feel guilty.

{Because she is crying for me. Not because of me.
But dude! That means she is crying because of you.
Why did you pop out in between? You were supposed to sleep.
How can I sleep when such an interesting sight amuses me?
Shut up. You have no rights to peek into our bedroom.
Exactly! Our bedroom. Which means, yours, hers and mine.
You sound disgusting. Shut up and go to sleep.
Nope. You will mess it up.
For once, leave it to me.
I am worried.
Go on a holiday.
And let you have it with her? Never.
Why are you so irritating?
Because you are irritating. I am you.
Just shut up and get lost. Let me do my work.}

I gently kissed her forehead and passed my fingers through her silky hair.

“So practically! You love me.”

She immediately got up. I winced. I wanted her close to my heart. So that at least once, she could hear what my heart was trying to yell out to her.

“Nope! I hate you and that is final. Let it be that way. Because loving you should not happen in my life.”

She swiftly wiped off her tears and moved to her room. I was left there to stare at the empty space and my wet shirt, the mess caused by my crazy wife.

I don’t know how long I sat blank with no emotions and thoughts.
{Well that is common for me. So nothing to worry.}

But my phone compelled me to move. I picked it up and Paaru’s excited voice blasted my eardrums.

“Hey! Hari! You are back and no call until now? I have become your second priority after your marriage.”

(Of course! If both me and he give priority to you, then won’t his wife feel bad? How many people do you want to dedicate their life for you?) It was the voice of Shiva in the background.

I smiled.
{She must have put the phone on speaker.}

“I have no idea about priorities.”

“Anything wrong?” Both asked at the same time, with serious tones.

“Absolutely not. Everything is as horrible as ever. Nothing wrong or abnormal.” I ran fingers through my hair.

“We need to talk.” Shiva’s voice was grim.

“Then we can meet up tomorrow, as it is Saturday. Oh! Then can me and Siri go for shopping? You men can talk as-long-as you want!” Paaru asked, more excited.

{I am worried here, and she is excited!}

I heard Ganesh giggling and clapping. “Oh! Yes; Ganesh! You too can accompany your dad in their ‘men talk’.” She added.

I couldn’t help but smile. She always lifts up my mood.

################################

I planned to update on Sunday ... But became busy.

Anyways ... Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Don't forget to :)